Interesting Pollard Quote...

Just trying to be fair. There is no "Pollard quote" here. It is second hand information from a hawkeye fan.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump all over this.

Edit: just listened to the quote.

The "watered down" statement was directed toward the big 10 playing 8 conference games instead of 9 like they were planning. It didn't sound negative, he was speaking fast and paused to think of a word and that was what he came up with describe it. Not a big deal.

Last edited:
Just trying to be fair. There is no "Pollard quote" here. It is second hand information from a hawkeye fan.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump all over this.

Edit: just listened to the quote.

The "watered down" statement was directed toward the big 10 playing 8 conference games instead of 9 like they were planning. It didn't sound negative, he was speaking fast and paused to think of a word and that was what he came up with describe it. Not a big deal.

Nonsense. The Big Ten is *definitely* going to a 9 game schedule, only one of those games will be played against a team from the Big Ten West.

ISU averaged over 50k for the first time in a long time. Season tickets are higher to date then ever. Is it cause we play Iowa..hell no.

I guess I will check my schedule. Is Iowa back in Ames this season? And I will check last years schedule guess I didnt know every home game was Iowa.

Nope not the only one, just the biggest.
Ya to Iowa fans ISU's biggest game is always Iowa. Nothing like beating a 7-5 team. I suppose Iowa is Wisconsin's, Nebraska's, Michigan's, Ohio State's, and Penn State's biggest game too?

Ya to Iowa fans ISU's biggest game is always Iowa. Nothing like beating a 7-5 team. I suppose Iowa is Wisconsin's, Nebraska's, Michigan's, Ohio State's, and Penn State's biggest game too?

Would be if those schools were less popular and less successful and were in Iowa.

Would be if those schools were less popular and less successful and were in Iowa.
Mindset of beating Iowa 15 years ago is not the same as the mindset today. McCarney was all about beating Iowa and he instilled that idea into Iowa State fans and players. With Rhoads, sure we love to beat Iowa, but its not the #1 goal. You can contradict me all you want on my last point, but again our #1 is to not be Iowa, that is fact. But Hawk fans continue to get a chubby over the belief that ISU only cares about Iowa, whatever floats your boat.

Signed Texas Tech and Oklahoma State

Mindset of beating Iowa 15 years ago is not the same as the mindset today. McCarney was all about beating Iowa and he instilled that idea into Iowa State fans and players. With Rhoads, sure we love to beat Iowa, but its not the #1 goal. You can contradict me all you want on my last point, but again our #1 is to not be Iowa, that is fact. But Hawk fans continue to get a chubby over the belief that ISU only cares about Iowa, whatever floats your boat.Signed Texas Tech and Oklahoma State

Texas Tech wasnt a good win and just because you ruined someone's season doesn't make your team good. Cough cough 6-7.

Latest posts