Interesting comments from Brands

dluzman

Regarding Moore at 165. Sounds like Brands likes what Moore is doing at that weight. I realize the competition wasn't great yesterday but he did look good.

I'm kind of wondering if Gambrall is going to be in the lineup once things get settled. Gambrall got taken down early in the SIU match. If the SIU kid (Deshoun White) had any kind of conditioning he might have made it a match. White gave up in the second period. Gambrall was taking him down without any effort from White to stop it.

After a flat-footed freshman year, who would've though Brands would use the term "wicked" in reference to Moore? Great to see his progress.

Also, Love Ramos' attitude shooting for the Hodge!

if moore continues his improvement i can see him at 65. After watching the matches saturday, i would much rather see Evans at 74 than GG. Again sat. i thought GG looked very lack luster on the mat. I agree with dluzman if the SIU wrestler as in shape, he makes a tough match for GG and one i am not sure he wins. Looking down the road, in my opinion Evans puts more points and bonus points on the board than GG at 74. 97 i am not sure which way i would go at this point. with Lira, we know what we have. Or do you go with a freshman who has everything to prove?
Either way just happy we are back on the mat. Can't wait for next Saturday!! Go Hawks!!!

Any chance GG lackluster performance was due to Evans' move up? Sure it seems backwards, but maybe GG doesn't do well with competition from within the team, IDK.

Latest posts