Instant Reaction

longtimer

9-2 Probably the most unbelievable 9-2 I have ever seen BUT a hell of a lot better than 6-5

Padilla is a decent backup QB

How can offense be this bad when we have some pretty good skilled players Hint BF

No way he should be back as OC next year

Do we have to root for Wisconsin to beat Nebraska. Yea I know that probably makes them West champion but do we want to Play Ohio State in Championship game? 50-0

This team is very similar the 2004 Iowa team, which finished with an unbelievable 10-2 record.

Personally I am rooting for Iowa to win the division which probably means getting blown out 59-0 by OSU in the ccg, but I will take it.

All anybody will remember 5 years from now is that Iowa won the division, and Wisc or NW did not.

My instant or actually several hours later reaction is Charlie Jones is another Tim Dwight type player, not as fast but really fast, great returner and can make the catches.

The hawks ran the ball really well all day against a team that held Minny to 85 yards at Minny. Also the hawk defense really smothered the Illini run attack to way under its average. Hawks had a decent pass rush but that is hard to do against a good running team

A few drops and Padilla was spot on in the first half but his throws were a little off the mark in the 2nd half leading to a few of the drops. Running backs ran hard.

Wow the injuries to DBack starters looked to really hurt the team on the first two illini drives but they really adjusted.

Taylor and Shudak were great.

Brian F needs to learn which teams have too much defensive speed to run those sweeps and outside runs against. Too many jet sweeps and other such plays today while the straight ahead power running worked.

My instant or actually several hours later reaction is Charlie Jones is another Tim Dwight type player, not as fast but really fast, great returner and can make the catches.

The hawks ran the ball really well all day against a team that held Minny to 85 yards at Minny. Also the hawk defense really smothered the Illini run attack to way under its average. Hawks had a decent pass rush but that is hard to do against a good running team

A few drops and Padilla was spot on in the first half but his throws were a little off the mark in the 2nd half leading to a few of the drops. Running backs ran hard.

Wow the injuries to DBack starters looked to really hurt the team on the first two illini drives but they really adjusted.

Brian F needs to learn which teams have too much defensive speed to run those sweeps and outside runs against. Too many jet sweeps and other such plays today while the straight ahead power running worked.
Bruce IV needs to read the lanes better. He had opportunities on a couple of the horizontal runs to go vertical that could have yielded yardage.

Rico dropped a lot of balls for first downs today and put them in play for the Defense. I know it was senior day but I would have pulled him after the second drop. Iowa left a lot of points on the field due to younger players making mistakes because of inexperience, but when a veteran player drops 3 or 4 passes you have to do something. Brian F needs to stop calling a play twice in a row after a successful first play. He does it all the time and it's stupid. Iowa's young D-line raised their game as the day went on. They really started putting it on the Illinoy in the fourth quarter. Logan Lee is coming on....future star. Last thing, Jones is fearless, we know that already but watching him live field those punts with gunners bearing down on him and to seemingly always make the first guy miss is an art form. Hope, hope, hope, he decides to come back for his covid year.

Last edited:
Rico dropped a lot of balls for first downs today and put them in play for the Defense. I know it was senior day but I would have pulled him after the second drop. Iowa left a lot of points on the field due to younger players making mistakes because of inexperience, but when a veteran player drops 3 or 4 passes you have to do something. Brian F needs to stop calling a play twice in a row after a successful first play. He does it all the time and it's stupid. Iowa's young D-line raised their game as the day went on. They really started putting it on the Illinoy in the fourth quarter. Logan Lee is coming on....future star. Last thing, Jones is fearless, we know that already but watching him live field those punts with gunners bearing down on him and to seemingly always make the first guy miss is an art form. Hope, hope, hope, he decides to come back for his covid year.
So frustrating to watch that. Throwing as seldom as we did yesterday means you have to capitalize on most all of those attempts and it coulda bit us. If Tracy comes back next yr I'll be shocked. Did he even play? He obviously wasn't in the game plan. TE U had no catches by a TE at all on only 2 targets. BFs game plan and play calling again was just beyond head scratching as all get out. We ran the ball better then we had been all yr which was good and a step the right direction but it was hardly dominating. It blows my mind to see this team with the record they have playing they way they do on O.

So frustrating to watch that. Throwing as seldom as we did yesterday means you have to capitalize on most all of those attempts and it coulda bit us. If Tracy comes back next yr I'll be shocked. Did he even play? He obviously wasn't in the game plan. TE U had no catches by a TE at all on only 2 targets. BFs game plan and play calling again was just beyond head scratching as all get out. We ran the ball better then we had been all yr which was good and a step the right direction but it was hardly dominating. It blows my mind to see this team with the record they have playing they way they do on O.

Did BF forget about the TEnds up the hash marks that Fant, Kittle, and TJ just feasted on? I saw Lachey open a couple of times for 7-10 yards but Padilla didnt see or hit him.

When the hawks ran out of zero tight end, only 5 blockers our runs got gobbled up. It just seems the 1 and especially 2 TEnds in tight blocking sets were the best for run blocking but also it is the formation to get the tight ends down the hashes for big gains.

Do we have to root for Wisconsin to beat Nebraska. Yea I know that probably makes them West champion but do we want to Play Ohio State in Championship game? 50-0

Absolutely! I want the Hawkeyes playing for championships. Isn‘t that the point in playing the games in the first place?

Last night on Sound Off, someone called in saying they hoped Wisconsin won the West saying a loss to Ohio State would hurt their bowl position. Hawkeye fans, I hate to tell you this as I love bowl games but nobody gives a shit about them anymore! I wanted to reach through the radio and slap his ass, just playing in the BTC game means they won something and I want Iowa going up against the best even if it does result in a 50-0 loss. The difference between going to the Citrus Bowl versus the Outback isn’t significant.

Latest posts