Instant Reaction Podcast: Texas Drops Iowa

Are there any stats to back this up? We're over halfway through his college career and he's shooting barely 30% from 3. He started really slow last year when Marble was playing more point and he was off the ball more. Unless Dickerson really comes on I don't think we can move him off the ball, Clemmons just isn't a good enough ballhandler to run point against good teams.

You can tell Mike has a good shot. The shots just aren't going down. If he had to spend less of his time running the point and focusing solely on shooting he would have better results. Mike is trying to do too much and force it which results in turnovers and poor shots at the end of the first half.

I know I'm putting a lot of pressure on the new kid but Dickerson will eventually be Iowa's most effective PG THIS SEASON. He has to learn Iowa's system. Or Fran needs to get back out on the recruiting trail for a decent PG... among other positions.

Iowa's ONLY way to break a defender down is with superior height. Can Uthoff play the 2? White causes fouls. Breaking opponents down might have been Marble's greatest strength but he only broke down his defender. Iowa's PG will need to break down opponents' defenses so Iowa's players can get open looks.

Last edited:

Latest posts