Instant Reaction: More than Just a Loss to Huskers

I was referring to CJ playing at all, though I'd forgotten that he did get into a few plays at Illinois. But when you think of it, there were a lot of opportunities for CJ to have seen the field this season when Jake was struggling, and early on KF was talking about CJ seeing more playing time, and then those comments about CJ playing just...stopped. And even when Jake was having a bad game, and KF would be asked if he thought about putting CJ in, he'd say 'No, never really thought of it,' including after Friday's game.

So something changed at some point--and I think that something has to do with CJ and KF just not hitting it off on some level. Just a hunch, but what other explanation could there be? Why did Ferentz talk up playing both guys and then suddenly, even when Jake clearly is off his game, CJ still sits on the bench?
To pacify Iowa's noisy fan base. But Kurt really was telling the fan base what he thought they wanted to hear when he said both QBs would get significant playing time this season.

Kurt meant garbage minutes for CJ... How many garbage minute opportunities has Iowa ever had? IMO, one reason why reserves NEVER develop while they're reserves at Iowa. Iowa is always in close games and the reserves never get playing time.

Last edited:

Latest posts