Insightful Beathard Articles from Ninersnation

hawkod

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/4/...an-cj-beathard-49ers-qb-coach-private-workout

This article and the two others listed at the end illustrate how in-depth the NFL evaluation process is. Still never know how a draft choice will play out, but how many of us hear about stats such as: Drop Rate by Receivers (3rd in nation) and Playing Under Pressure (1st in nation 2015, 3rd in 2016). Also comments such as: "while Beathard was sacked 58 times over 2 seasons, it was due to ridiculous pressure by defenses", completion percentage based on nature of Iowa's offense: "they're harder completions", as well as other references to quality of team around the player and receivers being able to get open.

Referenced an April 18th Tweet from Ian Rapoport listing CJ as one of 4 players who "should go much higher than expected".

The 3 articles are worth reading; will be interesting to see where he's at in a couple of years.

I chuckled at this quote from Shanahan

"And, to watch him over the years, he’s a three-year starter."
Out of this article that is what you got out of it? They drafted him without working him out.
"There was a bunch of good guys in the draft. We leaned toward C.J. with all of us. We definitely felt the best about him."

Out of this article that is what you got out of it? They drafted him without working him out.
"There was a bunch of good guys in the draft. We leaned toward C.J. with all of us. We definitely felt the best about him."

No, I got a lot out of it, some interesting analysis.

But I did get a chuckle out of the "3 year starter" comment considering many Iowa fans thought that he should have been the starter in 2014 (which would have made him a 3 year starter)

No, I got a lot out of it, some interesting analysis.

But I did get a chuckle out of the "3 year starter" comment considering many Iowa fans thought that he should have been the starter in 2014 (which would have made him a 3 year starter)

I know what you are talking about. Some might say his win at Purdue and fill-in in another game, at Pitt I think, in 2014 were crucial to overall 2014 success. Yes the hawks probably beat highly ranked Wisky and Nebby late in 2014 with cj at the helm.

That is great to see. That could potentially get us a better QB recruit knowing we can develop a QB at Iowa and he really can make it to the pros.

That is great to see. That could potentially get us a better QB recruit knowing we can develop a QB at Iowa and he really can make it to the pros.

Ummm...you did read the part about ridiculous pressure from defenses because of system and lack of receiving talent right? I'm not sure that is a glowing review that QB prospects would look positively on.

Latest posts