Insight tickets shipped 8 days late

HaydensDad

I ordered 9 tickets directly from the bowl office a few weeks ago and they told me the would ship on the 10th, 3-4 biz days to arrive. I called today as I still haven't recieved them and they said they shipped on the 18th and may or may not be here before I leave on the 26th due to the clogged mail system around christmas. They were shipped regular mail.
Seems ridiculous to me that they were shipped 8 days late and so close to the game, especially knowing that people travel around Christmas. They said if we leave before they arrive I should call them and they will reprint them and have them waiting at will call, but that isn't something I want to mess with on game day (especially if there are 10,000 people in the same situation). I am quite annoyed that they screwed up and shipped 8 days late and were too cheap to pay for higher priority shipping to get them here on time.
Anybody else have this experience? Thoughts?

I don't want to disparage the Hawkeye ticket office. But I would advise you to buy bowl tickets directly from the bowl in the future. It kinda hurts the university, but you need to take care of yourself.

Well it's not like they sold 11,000 tickets....reports are they have only sold about 6,000 so botching this up shouldn't happen.

I don't want to disparage the Hawkeye ticket office. But I would advise you to buy bowl tickets directly from the bowl in the future. It kinda hurts the university, but you need to take care of yourself.

But the OP did buy directly from the bowl. That really stinks. Hopefully, you will get your tickets in time before you leave.

Print at home tickets...........never fails. Maybe that wasn't an option though, esp. if ordered via phone and not on-line.

Read the first sentence of the OP's post.So now what would you advise he do?

This thread ruined my day. We better just go ahead and cancel Christmas, I don't feel like celebrating anymore. Unless they are lost in the mail, I'll bet they show up today or tomorrow, if they don't, you're going to be stuck in a line with like 50,000 proles. Have you considered suing them for breach of contract? It sounds to me like you have suffered a terrible, terrible loss and I'm sorry to hear that.

I ordered 9 tickets directly from the bowl office a few weeks ago and they told me the would ship on the 10th, 3-4 biz days to arrive. I called today as I still haven't recieved them and they said they shipped on the 18th and may or may not be here before I leave on the 26th due to the clogged mail system around christmas. They were shipped regular mail.
Seems ridiculous to me that they were shipped 8 days late and so close to the game, especially knowing that people travel around Christmas. They said if we leave before they arrive I should call them and they will reprint them and have them waiting at will call, but that isn't something I want to mess with on game day (especially if there are 10,000 people in the same situation). I am quite annoyed that they screwed up and shipped 8 days late and were too cheap to pay for higher priority shipping to get them here on time.
Anybody else have this experience? Thoughts?

Not sure where you're info came from, but I ordered from the Insight/Fiesta Bowl website. The website said the tickets would be mailed on 12-17 and I received them on Tuesday the 21st.

This thread ruined my day. We better just go ahead and cancel Christmas, I don't feel like celebrating anymore. Unless they are lost in the mail, I'll bet they show up today or tomorrow, if they don't, you're going to be stuck in a line with like 50,000 proles. Have you considered suing them for breach of contract? It sounds to me like you have suffered a terrible, terrible loss and I'm sorry to hear that.

???

Why?

I had the same situation. Ordered from the bowl website. Called them yesterday concerned that I had not received tickets yet. This is what their website says:

"Orders will not begin mailing until December 10, 2010.
Orders placed after the December 10th date will go out two (2) days following the order date.
Items ordered ten (10) days or less before the event will be placed in will call."

Luckily, my tickets arrived today. They told me yesterday when I called that they were mailed out on 12/18.

It's amazing that in this day in age, they don't allow e-tickets. I get an e-ticket when I fly, when I go to a concert, even when I buy the game day drink special at John Barleycorn. To not offer an e-ticket option in 2010 would be like listing a telegraph number on your business card.

I thought the Iowa ticket office did exceedingly well in processing the order and mailing the tickets. 'Course, could be that they haven't had near as many orders to process this year as in previous years.

I don't see a big deal here. Sure, it's inconvenient. But the ticket office said they would be more than happy to reprint your tickets at the stadium.
It only takes 5 seconds to verify your transaction and print a ticket.

You'll still get inside the stadium

Latest posts