Innovation for run game?

smhawk

Happy with win, coaches deserve skme props. But still feel like there much more they can do to improve running. Cant we mix in some full back runs and fake fb to hb pitch. Or pull the guard counter occasionally? Wiesman did great but i always wanted to see a work horse like him also lead the way for canzeri or daniels. I do gotta say that new fb didnt look too bad blocking, kenny. And at least our program isnt Michigan. They have to have some pressure on ther AD for those last two fails on fb hires.

Happy with win, coaches deserve skme props. But still feel like there much more they can do to improve running. Cant we mix in some full back runs and fake fb to hb pitch. Or pull the guard counter occasionally? Wiesman did great but i always wanted to see a work horse like him also lead the way for canzeri or daniels. I do gotta say that new fb didnt look too bad blocking, kenny. And at least our program isnt Michigan. They have to have some pressure on ther AD for those last two fails on fb hires.

How 'bout we keep CJ in and we pass to set up the run? Could open up all kinds of opportunities. Remember Drew Tate?

I hear ya, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It would be nice to see Weisman play some FB if he got carries out of that position. He played a great game and I still think he's our best rb on non-stretch plays..

1. Start throwing to wide open TE's 10-15 yard downfield over the middle. That will force the D to draw back their LB's during playaction and open up the run.

2. Start regularly throwing deep, accurate passes, forcing the safeties to commit to deep coverage, thus opening up the run.

3. Start CJB, who is the only QB on the roster capable of achieving points 1 & 2.

I hear ya, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It would be nice to see Weisman play some FB if he got carries out of that position. He played a great game and I still think he's our best rb on non-stretch plays..

Exactly. If we had him in FB, the defense wouldn't be able to cheat to better blocking TE, theyd have to watch for wiesman middle or Canzeri stretch. But yea probably not going to happen. Hopefully CJ keeps those safeties and corners away from the box more often.