Injured fan on Saturday

shettler

Long story short, I was caught in a human logjam before the game started trying to get in to Section 126/125 seating. Evidently an older fan fell down and looked to have a head injury of some sort as they brought them out on a stretcher/board. Anybody see what happened? Must've been nasty. There was quite a pile up of people waiting to get in. My wife and I missed the fly over, anything to do with Tim Dwight, and the national anthem. We just got in to see the opening kickoff. Hope the fan is okay.

Didn't see the incident in question, but hope he is alright.

FYI--Everyone missed the flyover.

I sit in the south endzone but entered from the NW side. It was awful. Came in 20 minutes before game time and the crush of people was terrible. People were behind us shoving us forward. I did hear later that there had been some sort of medical emergency that caused a backup of fans trying to get in.

It was an older gentleman, I would guess in his 80's that fell and gashed his forehead pretty bad. They had him sitting on the step. Not quite sure why they couldn't have moved him to an adjacent seat. Took the paramedics 20 minutes to get to him and another 15 to treat and move him. I am sure they were taking proper precautions. I waited in the tunnel for a few minutes and then went over to the 126-127 tunnel and got right in with no problem. Not quite sure why everyone else didn' t do the same. :)

All I know was that masses of people were still coming in aisle 125-126 well after Iowa' first score. And all muttering about not being able to get in on time.

With that said, I hope I can still come to Hawkeye Football games when I am approaching 90!!!

Latest posts