Inexcusable

Now the "kids" can make money it does change things, but people need to stop being so personal in their attacks and focus on their performance.
Yeah. It beats my kids helping with college expenses working at McDonalds and Pizza Hut. I don’t do personal attacks, either. I go with, “I only care what someone thinks of me if they are among those who care about me.”

Won't rip the QB, adults are fair game. The buck stops with Kirk. If you can't sub a QB then retire. If you can't make an OC change retire. Otherwise I see an exodus of players, and negative recruiting will only increase. You could tell even the players were asking why no change...inexcusable.

Stupid negative posters who attack players might be just the thing for Kirk to keep playing said players. A 20% improvement in seeing blitzes, audible calls, etc by either Petras or Padilla could be huge. Petras stepped up in the pocket and evaded a rush a few times but he needs to do that much better to be a starter.

But the example in the first half where I assume Brian F called a jet sweep with Bruce to the left where the formation already had two receivers which brought in 2 defenders and it was to the wide side which leveraged a linebacker and a safety more in that direction was just schematically flawed from the beginning. Plus the fact that Iowa runs to the left about 66% of the time had Bruce running into a lot of players.

I’ve never understand why we can’t rip players, they’re all 18. If they were working doing anything else in life nobody would tell you to leave them alone because “they’re kids”.
You're correct - 'I've never understand' - 'understood' would work here....

Because they are kids - still developing & growing as people/players.
Being coached to improve in all areas.
Going from 220lbs to 300 in less than 3yrs.
Start with Dallas Clark as a walk-on LB and tell a 100 more stories.
Only a few get a few $$ for NIL. Yes, they are on scholarship - they've earned it.
Scream and boo million dollar coaches all you want.

You want to scream and rip players - they play in a league called the NFL.
They are basically all independent contractors.

You're correct - 'I've never understand' - 'understood' would work here....

Because they are kids - still developing & growing as people/players.
Being coached to improve in all areas.
Going from 220lbs to 300 in less than 3yrs.
Start with Dallas Clark as a walk-on LB and tell a 100 more stories.
Only a few get a few $$ for NIL. Yes, they are on scholarship - they've earned it.
Scream and boo million dollar coaches all you want.

You want to scream and rip players - they play in a league called the NFL.
They are basically all independent contractors.

So if I commit a crime at 18 but recently put on 100 pounds of muscle I guess I should be remanded to juvenile court.

If you want them to be considered children write your local state congressman to change the statute.

Stupid negative posters who attack players might be just the thing for Kirk to keep playing said players. A 20% improvement in seeing blitzes, audible calls, etc by either Petras or Padilla could be huge. Petras stepped up in the pocket and evaded a rush a few times but he needs to do that much better to be a starter.

But the example in the first half where I assume Brian F called a jet sweep with Bruce to the left where the formation already had two receivers which brought in 2 defenders and it was to the wide side which leveraged a linebacker and a safety more in that direction was just schematically flawed from the beginning. Plus the fact that Iowa runs to the left about 66% of the time had Bruce running into a lot of players.
How, exactly, do you think screens work?

So if I commit a crime at 18 but recently put on 100 pounds of muscle I guess I should be remanded to juvenile court.

If you want them to be considered children write your local state congressman to change the statute.

I think you misunderstood. He is talking about choosing respect for others rather than personal attacks. At least, I hope you misunderstood…

What are you talking about?? Where did I mention a screen pass in my post you quoted? I was talking about a jet sweep, reverse type play to Bruce. Whatever!!
Jet sweeps and screens are blocked exactly the same way. Most of the time you have at least two receivers on that side of the field, sometimes three, depending on whether you have a TE to the strong side of the formation. Those 2-3 personnel are responsible for their blocks, one on one, so your suggestion that having two receivers to that side is somehow a detriment is nonsensical, and the receiver or runner in the case of a sweep (And, again, the plays are nearly identical) needs to make a guy miss, or follow a lead blocker if someone is pulling. Here’s a nice run down: https://coachesinsider.com/football/the-jet-sweeps-and-screens/

They lost an exhibition game that they actually looked pretty good in IMO - the line looked like it made big strides. I am excited for the future. Iowa has an amazing a consistent winning program that I truly love. Ya don't win em all and losing is part of the sport. Iowa wins a whole lot more than it loses. Go Hawks.