Indianapolis Tips for B1G Championship

JoeyLabasForPresident

Alright folks, I am going to book a hotel in Indy if (when) the Hawks slaughter the pedos next Saturday. Might even do it before hand.

Questions for those in Indy or who went to the championship game in 2015:
How was it? What are your tips? Where did you stay? How is the tailgating? What meetups did you attend? Any can't miss restaurants?

The hotels near the stadium are showing ~$300 a night for December 3 and 4. My plan is to drive out during the day Friday and drive home Sunday.

Who all is planning on booking a hotel early? Who is definitely going if the Hawks win the West? What questions am I not asking, but should be?

My experience with live college football extends only to Lames, Iowa City, and Tampa for the last Outback Bowl. I've attached a screenshot with prices per night for Friday/Saturday night near the stadium.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 1.34.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 1.34.50 PM.png
    204 KB · Views: 4
Full disclosure: I just booked two rooms with two queens each, free cancellation and no money due until November 26 at 6:30 PM. With the Nebraska game at 12:30 on November 26 cancellation should be easy. Total cost came out to ~$2200 with parking for two vehicles. This is at one of the hotels in the picture to the west of the stadium.

I booked a hotel about 1/2 hour north of Indy right next to the I-road. I reserved a parking space on line in Indy, within a couple of blocks from the stadium for Friday and Saturday. Hotel Friday and Saturday nights home on Sunday. Hotel cost was under $200 per night, Hampton Inn level. Son and I partied Friday night downtown Indy with Hawk fans everywhere. I quit the alcohol a couple of hours before the drive back to the hotel. No traffic issues at all. Post game partied with the Hawk fans. Careful about driving.

I booked a hotel about 1/2 hour north of Indy right next to the I-road. I reserved a parking space on line in Indy, within a couple of blocks from the stadium for Friday and Saturday. Hotel Friday and Saturday nights home on Sunday. Hotel cost was under $200 per night, Hampton Inn level. Son and I partied Friday night downtown Indy with Hawk fans everywhere. I quit the alcohol a couple of hours before the drive back to the hotel. No traffic issues at all. Post game partied with the Hawk fans. Careful about driving.
Thanks Huck, thought about @ing you as imagined you'd probably be there. Let us know if you have anymore tips.

I booked a room out by the airport, yes I’m a cheap ass. Just give me a clean room that doesn’t smell like smoke and a free breakfast. I can cancel the day of if I want too. I was shocked the motel rates were still reasonable, I figured they would have had their prices jacked up for that weekend.

I put my application in to the ticket office for 2 tickets.

I know rationally that you booking hotel rooms has no impact on the outcome of Hawks' games...but I would like to reserve the right to blame everything on you if the season heads south.

Now that I’ve reserved a room there is no way in hell the Hawks are winning the West.

When I went to the 2015 game, I stayed in Crawsfordsville.
About an hour drive.

I'll post a website where you can reserve parking spaces next to Lucas.

We partied all afternoon at a local bar called "Tavern on South" with the MSU fans.

Indy has the best setup I've ever been to. Stadium, hotels, bars and tailgating all walking distance. We screwed up and rented a house about 2 miles north of the stadium so we had to do ubers. This time I'll be staying walking distance.

There was one designated MSU bar and one designated hawkeye bar. But in reality, MSU had one bar and Hawk fans packed the other 19 or so. I always thought it would be awesome for hawk fans to get to the one bar designated for the opponent and overwhelm it. The sheer number of hawk fans could do that and fill all the others, leaving the opponents no safe haven. Kinda a dick move, but it would be awesome to pull off.

This thread is one giant jinx.

I'm going to pretend I didn't see it and eat an entire bucket of KFC as a blood sacrifice.

Full disclosure: I was going to eat the bucket of KFC anyways, I just have a reason now.

Indy has the best setup I've ever been to. Stadium, hotels, bars and tailgating all walking distance. We screwed up and rented a house about 2 miles north of the stadium so we had to do ubers. This time I'll be staying walking distance.

There was one designated MSU bar and one designated hawkeye bar. But in reality, MSU had one bar and Hawk fans packed the other 19 or so. I always thought it would be awesome for hawk fans to get to the one bar designated for the opponent and overwhelm it. The sheer number of hawk fans could do that and fill all the others, leaving the opponents no safe haven. Kinda a dick move, but it would be awesome to pull off.
I’m down, you do the opposition research for us.

My son and I purchased seats in the loge level in the end zone. Great view, just the right height, restrooms close, vendors came around to serve. Comfortable seating. I do not recall the $$, but it was not outrageous. And hey. Just costs a little more to go first class, just don’t go as often.