Indiana to hire Oklahoma OC as HC?

How many coaches has Stoops lost to bigger jobs in cfb? Maybe it is just me but it seems like 5 or 6 over his time at Oklahoma.

Indiana in the top 3 in 3 years? they got penn state, wisconsin, and ohio state in their division. purdue and illinois are both a couple years ahead in their programs, so I definitely can't see that happening even if they get a good hire.

How many coaches has Stoops lost to bigger jobs in cfb? Maybe it is just me but it seems like 5 or 6 over his time at Oklahoma.

I was coming in this thread to post exactly this. It is not always who you develop regarding players, it is also a telling thing if you are successful in building a coaching tree. sometimes you have to let go (not fire) some coaches. If you are hesitant on hiring other talented coaches then other teams will be more than happy to give them an opportunity. Are you only as good as the sum of your parts, or are you the reason the team ticks? I know there is something to be said about continuity, but at the same time if you had quality staff (besides KOK and Norm) underneath you- then other programs would be waiting in line for them. Much in the same way ferentz is happy with being at Iowa but still teams come a-knocking....

any thoughts?

Are these the same sources that told you KOK was possibly in line for the IU job? I'll ponder the implications after the new head coach is hired.

Don't get your... Notice I said possibly in line. I agree, some had wishful thinking. You too, Miller?

Latest posts