Indiana hanging with Mich St.

Cableman

Indiana hanging tough but looks like they lost Morgan for the rest of the game.
Down by 3 at 47-44

Indiana has a 2 point lead but just lost another player. Looks like a broken or dislocated finger

Wow. Hoosiers on the road... was not expecting this. Was msu hindered by fouls or anything? Indiana and iowa meet each following wins over top 6 teams

It just goes to show how weird BB can be, so much more so than football. You have an off shooting night and you can lose to anybody.

Thursday's game could be determined by which team comes back down to earth first. I actually like that their losing streak is broken. They would have been a desperate team Thursday. After that win there's no way they will be quite as desperate.

I didn't think we would win at Indiana before the season began

Still feel that way

Really tough place for the Hawks to play. The Hoosier fans seem to have particular rabid animosity for the Hawks.....

Bobby Knight hated playing in Iowa City and mentioned that in John Feinstein's book: A Season on the Brink. He couldn't stand the bitter cold and wind.....

:cool:

Hopefully this win was emotionally draining for Indiana and they're prime for a letdown on Thursday.

Indiana 10-2 at home. The only 2 true road games we've won are PSU and NW. For finishing out the year Indiana gets 6 of their remaining 9 BIG games at home.

Lunardi has them as "first 4 in" for the Tourney. Palm has them on the edge and playing a "play-in" game. Seems like they would be more desperate than us at this point. I don't see a let down for them. They have a chance to build their resume just like us.

Still feel that way

Really tough place for the Hawks to play. The Hoosier fans seem to have particular rabid animosity for the Hawks.....

Bobby Knight hated playing in Iowa City and mentioned that in John Feinstein's book: A Season on the Brink. He couldn't stand the bitter cold and wind.....

Yeah, but he sure enjoyed eating at The Lark

If I remember correctly Sparty hit 20 out of 21 against us.
giphy.gif

I should add, Phil Hartman - RIP.

Last edited:

Still feel that way

This is a game that at the start of the year I thought they'd lose, now I feel they can win it. I know I'm just setting myself up, and should go with my first impression. Sort of like when you took a test, go with your first answer.

Indiana shoots 32.8% from 3 for the season. They were 10-20 against MSU. If they shoot their normal percentage they score 9 fewer points. MSU wins.

MSU was 8-22 from the line. If they shoot their normal percentage they score 8 more points. MSU wins.

So the difference between a double figure win and a 4 point loss was due to an out of character performance by each team. MSU could have survived one or the other but not both.

The 2019 version of Indiana is much different than the 2018 version. Indiana is 1-2 at home in 2019. They beat Illinois by 8. They lost to Nebraska by 15 and Michigan by 23. Their only home conference game in December was a win over NW 68-66.

These home court (conference) stats don't have me too worried. I've watched several Indiana games. I still don't think they are very good. And I still think we will sweep them. Also, I will be surprised if they shoot 50% from 3. And I will be shocked if we shoot 36.4% from the line.

Latest posts