Indiana Crowd

JHAWKEYE2

Great Win. Gotta admire the Indiana fans and environment. It makes you question Iowa fans when you see a program that has been just as bad as Iowa yet they sell out. They were doing it before there recent run. Iowa's fans need to step up. Building a program needs fans support like we seen today.

I'd love to see a full Carver on a consistent basis however the two situations aren't really comparable.

Just curious, but do you live near Iowa City, and do you have season BB tickets?

Great Win. Gotta admire the Indiana fans and environment. It makes you question Iowa fans when you see a program that has been just as bad as Iowa yet they sell out. They were doing it before there recent run. Iowa's fans need to step up. Building a program needs fans support like we seen today.

This. Indiana fans are the best in college basketball. They've been anywhere between average and God-awful the last 5 years, and those fans still sell out and go nuts. I wish we would do that. The only reason that I miss a home game now is because of work, and I'm taking Wednesday night off.

Why are the two situations not the same? Why should we not expect Iowa fans to support their program like Indiana's that is??

Think about it.

They've got more history. But it's not like they've got Bobby back on the bench. They've been average/bad for just as long as we have. They still sell out. You could practically count the fans in attendance at Carver last year on one hand.

There's a gap in history/prestige, but the gap in attendance in near-equal rough times is much wider right now.

I noticed today that both Northwestern and IU had great student sections. Very active and loud.

Fran on the post game ......'what an enviroment .....' you know what the is thinking.... if fans can fill an area in Bloomington Indiana ... why not Iowa City...... I agree....

Seriously, how hard is it to see the different factors surrounding Indiana basketball compared with Iowa. They have history, basketball is synonymous with the state of Indiana thus at IU basketball is number one, they have nothing else, their football team sucks and always has, they have a championship history and are recognized as one of the greatest programs ever, Crean came in with hype, coming from a team that he went to the final four with.

Going to an Indiana game is like going to Lambeau Field, Yankee Stadium or to a hockey game in Canada. If you get a chance to do it, you do it as a sports fans. Iowa doesn't have that.

I could go on too.

Last edited:
You really think history is why Indiana sells out and Iowa plays in front of a half empty arena? I think Indiana fans realize the importance of a home crowd and how they can help build the program back to past glory. The Hawks don't have a home court advantage. How hard do you think it is to recruit when you have to show a recruit an arena that is half empty. Iowa fans need to step up and fill the place every night. The program needs it to get back on top ..... it doesn't need fans to jump on the bandwagon after the fact.

Yes, history has a hell of a lot to do with why they sell out and also the other things I said too.

Look, I want Carver to sell out but it isn't going to happen for a while. It's just the way it is. And yes, playing in front of a full arena all the time would help recruits and Iowa probably needs those things but that's kind of an obvious things and a lot don't care about this because they don't care about Iowa basketball. And since those people probably don't care about Iowa basketball I doubt they are going to read your plea for them to come on an Iowa basketball message board.

Indiana has absolutely no history in football. Other than soccer, Indiana has no history of success in any men's sports.

Plus, like Illinois & Kentucky, the best athletes play basketball. Basketball is king in those states.

Heck yes History matters! Kids in Indiana growing up dreaming Hoosiers.
Iowa fans grew distant after Alford and Lickliter. Fran will get the fans back!
He does and says the right things plus he advertises an exciting brand of bb.
The fans will be back in Carver. I also think Fran will get the students where
they belong which is on the floor level throughout the arena. Go Hawks!

My folks used to be season tix holders for basketball for 12 years but gave them up about 6 years ago(accountant during tax season) Alford (nuff said) & the fact the games start at 8pm due to BTN. They leave in Peosta, which is about 70 minute drive. Get back to late (midnight & the weather does not always cooperate)

I remember the days of CHA rockin' as I was usually hoarse from cheering. They have been football season tix holders since '84, but it was a combo of time commitment, work, & coach (Pierre Pierce) that took that away for basketball.

I know the BTN seems to be doing well, but we seem to get stuck with the later games more making it harder for folks to go to games, esp during the week IMO.

I fell you have to be no more than an

Indiana attendance has been waning the past few years. Sellouts are a rarity, not the norm

Today, it was a Saturday game, 4pm eastern tip, and they had just come off two straight wins against ranked teams, their first wins of any kind against a ranked team in the Tom Crean era.

Latest posts