Indiana Beats Northwestern..

1977Hawkeye

Barring a Michigan upset @MSU, and an Iowa upset @Minnesota, it looks like NW/Michigan are tied for 8th, and Iowa/Indiana tied for 9th. PSU also plays Purdue, with the potential to tie Iowa and IU for 9th.

So.. who does Iowa play in the 1st round of the BTT???

Well, Indiana just upset NW....

so the Hawks could end up facing NW if Michigan can some how knock off Sparty. Sure would be nice avoiding Michigan!

Re: Well, Indiana just upset NW....

Wow.. We have an outside shot at a first round victory... Win we get Ohio State who I think is projected as the #1 Seed.

No matter the opponent if Iowa can't get up for the 1st round Big Ten Tourny game then shame on this staff and the players.

IU stymied NW with a 2-3 zone for most of the game.
IU frosh Hull(25pts),Elston(16pts) Watford and Campobianco had big games.
IU will be much better next year it appears,with leading scorer soph Verdell Jones,Pritchard,top player Creek and top shooter Roth coming back..and 2 or 3 top 140 recruits joining them...IU is gonna be a sleeper team to make a big jump to the middle of the pack and maybe make the Dance next year.
Crean will recruit til he drops,and is still seeking another big man for next year.

Crean benched 2 starters today in favor of his talented Freshman class. They rose to the occasion today. I agree with the sleeper comment for next year.

He won with freshmen...wouldn't they be way to young?

Kind of like the Iowa women...Don't they consist of two freshmen, two sophomores, and a junior? I would think that is way too young to learn the system and be playing well, let alone to get into the NCAA tournament. Yet they have won something like 11 of their last 13 games. Apparently Bluder's system isn't as difficult as Lickliter's?

The Iowa women must be one of the youngest teams in the Big10, plus they have injuries, yet they are winning. Shouldn't we be expecting them to get their heads handed to them when they play on the road?

Guess I just don't understand this game called BB...OR Iowa men's BB anyway.

Kind of like the Iowa women...Don't they consist of two freshmen, two sophomores, and a junior? I would think that is way too young to learn the system and be playing well, let alone to get into the NCAA tournament. Yet they have won something like 11 of their last 13 games. Apparently Bluder's system isn't as difficult as Lickliter's?

The Iowa women must be one of the youngest teams in the Big10, plus they have injuries, yet they are winning. Shouldn't we be expecting them to get their heads handed to them when they play on the road?

Never saw this one coming...and did you just give Indiana more credit for beating Northwestern, than you did Iowa?

Yeah, it really is kind of a double-standard.

With the men's team losing, everybody keeps talking about how young the team is, and last year it was the injuries that were the excuse, even though all players except Cy Tate were still healthy enough to be in the lineup. The women's team had both injuries and youth this year, and they are looking like they could be an NCAA team. I guess I also don't understand either why we are being "unrealistic" to expect us to be better than we are this year, or why some people think it's unrealistic to be more than .500 next year, and that would be with starting a senior and two juniors. I just don't buy it.

If the women's team can do it, why can't the men?

Latest posts