In my 56 years of watching Iowa BB..

Did you get to watch Connie Hawkins practice at the fieldhouse in his year at Iowa, NCAA regulations at the time required that freshman had to redshirt.

Some of you might be misunderstanding what the OP wrote. He wrote biggest talent. Not necessarily best player. The dude is jacked up. He can jump out of the gym. Physically he's just a freak of a player and at times shows it. That possession where he dribbled it up the court zigging and zagging and got to the rim to draw a foul was crazy impressive. It was 'Lebronish" in that as big as he was he easily dribbled it up the court like that. He's just physically unstoppable at this level. If he had Lebrons basketball IQ he'd be in the NBA. He doesn't need a 3 pt shot (although that'd be sick) to be about as unstoppable of a player as can be at this level. If he could get some more court awareness look out...

Some of you might be misunderstanding what the OP wrote. He wrote biggest talent. Not necessarily best player. The dude is jacked up. He can jump out of the gym. Physically he's just a freak of a player and at times shows it. That possession where he dribbled it up the court zigging and zagging and got to the rim to draw a foul was crazy impressive. It was 'Lebronish" in that as big as he was he easily dribbled it up the court like that. He's just physically unstoppable at this level. If he had Lebrons basketball IQ he'd be in the NBA. He doesn't need a 3 pt shot (although that'd be sick) to be about as unstoppable of a player as can be at this level. If he could get some more court awareness look out...

Agreed. His ability is off the charts. One reason I don't buy that he's transferring is because if he consistently played to his ability, we would be a pretty good team, with a chamce to be great next year. I guarantee he knows he can do better, and more than likely places a lot of the blame for this season on himself, like most competitors do. He will probably still lead us to one good season and one great season before he is done here.

Ray Thompson would have gone down as one of Iowa's all time greats if he had only made a token effort to go to class. He made the game look so easy. In one of his last acts as a Hawkeye he made Hilton Magic go poof to the tune of something like 33 points in a close win. He was also a victim, if not martyr, in the Spring of 1989 Hunter Rawlings fiasco. On the eve of the NCAA's he was declared ineligible for reasons never clearly explained. The Hawks soon drew Valvano and NCState. I'll subtly try to get this off my chest. NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH (or any other planet in this universe) DOES RODNEY FREAKING MONROE GO OFF FOR 40 POINTS IF THOMPSON IS CHECKING HIM ON THE PERIMETER.

There. 29 year's later, that finally feels better.

Ray Thompson would have gone down as one of Iowa's all time greats if he had only made a token effort to go to class. He made the game look so easy. In one of his last acts as a Hawkeye he made Hilton Magic go poof to the tune of something like 33 points in a close win. He was also a victim, if not martyr, in the Spring of 1989 Hunter Rawlings fiasco. On the eve of the NCAA's he was declared ineligible for reasons never clearly explained. The Hawks soon drew Valvano and NCState. I'll subtly try to get this off my chest. NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH (or any other planet in this universe) DOES RODNEY FREAKING MONROE GO OFF FOR 40 POINTS IF THOMPSON IS CHECKING HIM ON THE PERIMETER.

There. 29 year's later, that finally feels better.
IIRC, he actually wasn't declared ineligible. Mr. Davis stated over and over that the suspension was due to a promise he made to his mom, but he never elaborated. At the time, my thought was that she wanted consequences if he didn't show effort in the classroom, even if he was technically academically eligible. Too bad. That could have been Tom's best overall team going into the tourney if Thompson would have kept his head on straight. His last-minute suspension completely derailed a great squad that was peaking at the right time.

Right off hand I can think of Don Nelson, Connie Hawkins, Sam Williams, Ronnie Lester, and Andre Woolridge. Too bad you got to watch so few games.

I saw all of those guys except Don Nelson, and saw every home game Super Sam Williams ever played. Cook is not the best player I've ever seen (although that could change), but he is by far the most talented one. And I think he is just scratching the surface.

Ricky Davis was easily as talented, and also could play shut-down defense whenever he wanted (which wasn't very often unfortunately). Physically and skill-wise, he had the complete package.

I would also point out that it depends what you mean by "talent." Cook has great hops and is physically gifted, but basketball talent also includes the mental aspects of the game, such as reading the defense, decision making and anticipation. Cook is substantially behind the curve in those areas.

I saw all of those guys except Don Nelson, and saw every home game Super Sam Williams ever played. Cook is not the best player I've ever seen (although that could change), but he is by far the most talented one. And I think he is just scratching the surface.
Not more talented than Connie Hawkins. Connie was a Hall of Fame player who had a great career despite losing years to the false point shaving scandal.

I’d still take Ronnie Lester hands down.

Cook would be in the vicinity of Marble and BJ.

Ray Thompson would have gone down as one of Iowa's all time greats if he had only made a token effort to go to class. He made the game look so easy. In one of his last acts as a Hawkeye he made Hilton Magic go poof to the tune of something like 33 points in a close win.
Good grab there! How’d I forget about Ray Thompson? That dude could play.

Cook is very skilled athletically and talented to a degree right now but he also has bad hands and makes lots of turnovers