In Layman terms - how does NIL get offered to players in portal

nilekinnick

My understanding is the school is not giving money directly but these clubs / associations. The school only giving the scholarship.

I would not think these clubs could contact portal players directly.

Seems like a big back door by mixing the portal & nil. Like the Nick Nolte movie Blue Chips and " friends of the program"

My understanding is the school is not giving money directly but these clubs / associations. The school only giving the scholarship.

I would not think these clubs could contact portal players directly.

Seems like a big back door by mixing the portal & nil. Like the Nick Nolte movie Blue Chips and " friends of the program"

The latest Washed Up Walkons podcast provides some insight on the subject. They interview Brad Heinrichs who is with the SWARM Collective (Iowa's NIL group).

In I.T. terms it's a black box. Things mysteriously just happen. All kidding aside there are several answers to your question/s. In reality the athlete is to declare for the portal first, but it is obvious inducements are being made to declare for the portal. How those inducements get to the athlete is anyone's guess.

Nah. There’s wasn’t anything behind the scenes with McNamara. He entered the portal and committed to Iowa right away before visiting. All on the up and up. Win, graduate, do it right.

My guess is that if the kid and KF show mutual interest and KF offers a schollie, the collectives then take over and negotiate a payout. They then paper a contract (I hope)

My guess is that if the kid and KF show mutual interest and KF offers a schollie, the collectives then take over and negotiate a payout. They then paper a contract (I hope)

I don't think I'd want to be a college football coach in this era.
Maybe 2-3 years down the road when it's all sorted out and everyone knows exactly what everyone else is doing. But not right now, when every day you are probably hearing about some new method or dollar amount someone is deploying.

I don't think I'd want to be a college football coach in this era.
Maybe 2-3 years down the road when it's all sorted out and everyone knows exactly what everyone else is doing. But not right now, when every day you are probably hearing about some new method or dollar amount someone is deploying.

Meh, I think I could wrap my head around those issues for a paltry $6 million a year.

The latest Washed Up Walkons podcast provides some insight on the subject. They interview Brad Heinrichs who is with the SWARM Collective (Iowa's NIL group).

I listened this morning, was good but all alot of grey areas. Said ncaa has no authority on these clubs, more risk of irs audit. Need to find all the super rich Iowa Alumni

Listed to the WAW, one topic not touched is the donors contributing to iowa swarm are most likely same ones contributing to the U athletic dept or to the U itself, only so many dollars to go around.

Latest posts