In case anyone forgot...

LOL. Firing Bo Pelini was the dumbest thing those inbreds ever did. His buyout just ended and he's now slogging it out at LSU as DC and not doing great because they are young, but Pelini is going to get another head job and I hope he buries the ever living shit out of Nebraska when he does.

Husker fans are like St. Louis Cardinals fans. They're the best because they say they're the best. And if you ever disagree, a pox on your house.

LOL. Firing Bo Pelini was the dumbest thing those inbreds ever did. His buyout just ended and he's now slogging it out at LSU as DC and not doing great because they are young, but Pelini is going to get another head job and I hope he buries the ever living shit out of Nebraska when he does.

Husker fans are like St. Louis Cardinals fans. They're the best because they say they're the best. And if you ever disagree, a pox on your house.
Man hindsight is a biotch. They really only fired him because he really didn't fit in. He was winning just fine. That whole 9-3 isn't good enough schtick was so dumb. I didn't like his whole demeanor and all that too but their fans didn't seem to mind. It was his AD just looking for a reason... Bet they'd like that to do over now. Solich wasn't bad at all either by most folks standards to me that was their real domino starter. Callahan was a terrible fit and later Mike Riley after Pelini was terrible. But this Frost hire takes the cake. They really hitched all their wagons up to him. He was a fast riser I remember he was an assistant LB coach at UNI before going to Oregon. For him to be failing so bad is tough to believe. I woulda thought they'd be a tough out by now. If you are worse in yr 3 then you were in yr 1 and yr prior to you taking over it's time to reevaluate things.

Man hindsight is a biotch. They really only fired him because he really didn't fit in. He was winning just fine. That whole 9-3 isn't good enough schtick was so dumb. I didn't like his whole demeanor and all that too but their fans didn't seem to mind. It was his AD just looking for a reason... Bet they'd like that to do over now. Solich wasn't bad at all either by most folks standards to me that was their real domino starter. Callahan was a terrible fit and later Mike Riley after Pelini was terrible. But this Frost hire takes the cake. They really hitched all their wagons up to him. He was a fast riser I remember he was an assistant LB coach at UNI before going to Oregon. For him to be failing so bad is tough to believe. I woulda thought they'd be a tough out by now. If you are worse in yr 3 then you were in yr 1 and yr prior to you taking over it's time to reevaluate things.
Pelini knew how to win in the Big Ten. He had Nebraska at a level where they had a solid defense most of the time and were in the hunt for the division more often than not. HuskerFan doesn't understand that the west, though it sucks, is still tough to win with regularity, particularly when you have to dethrone Wisconsin, whose teams are built to pound out victories in late October and November with decent defense and really good o-line play.

They need a threshold of thinking "Hey, if we win the division 3-4 times every ten years and then get lucky in one of the title games we might be back in the natty hunt." They are delusional and don't understand that Pelini had them hanging around the rim most years and a key injury on another team and maybe a few bounces and they would be sitting right in the drivers seat. They think this is like the 1991 Big Eight where they are in the de facto title game every year, winner plays for the Natty. I get pissed at Iowa football in spurts, but I know where we stand. The high water mark is only going to come around every so often and you just have to accept that. There is one elite program in the conference and it ain't us and it ain't ever gonna be us. Just gotta take the good years when they come and realize there is a shitload of parity in the West right now where everyone, other than maybe Illinois, is a tough out even if the team ain't great.

Pelini knew how to win in the Big Ten. He had Nebraska at a level where they had a solid defense most of the time and were in the hunt for the division more often than not. HuskerFan doesn't understand that the west, though it sucks, is still tough to win with regularity, particularly when you have to dethrone Wisconsin, whose teams are built to pound out victories in late October and November with decent defense and really good o-line play.

They need a threshold of thinking "Hey, if we win the division 3-4 times every ten years and then get lucky in one of the title games we might be back in the natty hunt." They are delusional and don't understand that Pelini had them hanging around the rim most years and a key injury on another team and maybe a few bounces and they would be sitting right in the drivers seat. They think this is like the 1991 Big Eight where they are in the de facto title game every year, winner plays for the Natty. I get pissed at Iowa football in spurts, but I know where we stand. The high water mark is only going to come around every so often and you just have to accept that. There is one elite program in the conference and it ain't us and it ain't ever gonna be us. Just gotta take the good years when they come and realize there is a shitload of parity in the West right now where everyone, other than maybe Illinois, is a tough out even if the team ain't great.
That's just it. Being logical and realistic aren't exactly in Nebraska fans vocabulary.. Or many fan bases for that matter ours included. But that fan base is off the charts delusional with what their expectations should be based on what they are. I wish every yr Iowa was able to do what we did in 2015 but that's part of what makes that special to me. It's that it's not an every year thing. Those Bama and OSU fans just don't have a clue what it's like to have the downs with the ups. To me this makes the ups that much higher. but thats just me. Doesn't mean I dont want Iowa to kill it every yr because I absolutely do. I'm just not gonna be jumping off any ledges when it doesn't.

Yes, if I had to sum up my distaste for Nebraska as succinctly as possible, it would be "perspective; lack thereof".

Their fanbase, on the whole, really doesn't get it at a level that I'm not sure I've seen from any other fanbase. Their glory days are ancient history. Wisconsin is their ceiling...don't get wrong, that's an enviable ceiling and I would give my left arm for that to be Iowa's ceiling...but they run around acting like they are going to be on the OSU level (well, as soon as Frost gets his recruits in place).

So when Frost talks about getting his recruits in place does he mean enrolled at Nebby or Pre K?

Big Ten football games must be won in cold weather in November (and this year, December!). Ferentz figured this out during his years as an assistant under Hayden, who understood it as well as anyone. To win these cold weather games, you need a very strong front 7 on defense and a good offensive line that can move people from point A to point B against their will.

Nebraska understood this irrefutable fact when they played in the Big 8, but for some reason they are slow to comprehend it in the Big Ten West. Until they do, they will struggle.

I have been to Nebbie’s stadium three times since I retired. I have not yet seen Iowa lose there. The silence was deafening.