Imposters in Iowa uniforms, where did they go?

echo44

I decided to rewatch Iowa's game against Iowa state from the beginning of this year. I watched that game and the last Ruttgers
game in slo-mo. If you have the Iowa state game taped or any of their early games watch them.

In the Iowa state game the passing and ball movement was at a different level than where they are today. They still had too many turnovers but the ball moved quickly from player to player. The ball was caught and passed without dribbling. There was great inside outside movement. Watching Rutgers the players held the ball way too long. In the Iowa state game the hawks had excellent movement away from the ball, now everyone just stands there.

On defense they had amazing energy back then, The switches were quick as well as the close outs. Now you can see they appear lifeless on defense.

I can see why Cook has lost some of his enthusiasm in the Rutgers game Bohannon and Conner drove the lane several times with cook moving in from the wing. The defense would collapse on the driver leaving Cook an open path yet they never pass the ball to him once the defenders committed to the drive?

As a fan we have a right to be disappointed!! I understand you can't always win especially when shots aren't falling and the other team is hot. What irks me is the attitude of the team seems lethargic and without that "win at any cost mentality". There is no pride!!

I wonder if it might be a good idea just to give the team days off and let them rest and regroup.

Being a Bulls fan what endeared so many of us to Michael Jordon was not his unbelievable basketball skills but his incredible drive to win and compete.

If that Iowa team that was wearing the uniforms early is still around please come back.

the other thing that bothers me is their arrogance. The first and best chance we have of this team going anywhere in the NCAA tournament is if they realize the are not as talented as they think and there are many teams that have much better basketball players. If they realize that and understand that and if they come together as a team of selfless individuals on a mission. They can beat anyone. Look at Loyola last year.

Latest posts