I'm worried you'll keep your streak alive

hawkfan, this is why i wanted to find out if they had beaten a top ten non-conference opponent at home. The Stat is not my point, but you can say only Iowa facts and its totally misleading- because you could just as easily say the same of arizona and top ten non-conference opponents.

I was being sarcastic, bro. We're in the same camp.

Great, now lets pull up some other completely myopic and meniscule stats. Like who is the last team that Arizona beat that was ranked, OOC, night game, in September, in the rain, and with a partly cloudy sky?

Good grief.

Hawks by 14.

Guys, we are so screwed. Did you know we have never, ever, EVER beaten a ranked, non-conf., while on the road, in the Pacific time zone, when starting the game after 8pm Central, while starting the game with a QB whose name ends in "i", after scoring 35+ points in consecutive games, in a year that precedes a season where we play Nebraska in our last regular season game?!?!

Yep, we're screwed 'cause we've never done that before and it's definitely relevant to the game on Saturday.

I think we should start Vandenburg.

I should have clarified for you. Bowl games don't count in this streak, as those are post season neutral site games.

You haven't beaten a ranked non-conference opponent in 32 years in the regular season.

Ummm, you may want to check your facts there... playing Florida, twice, in the Outback bowl (i.e. in Florida) is NOT a neutral site game. Playing Texas and Texas Tech in the Alamo Bowl (i.e. in Texas) were NOT neutral site games. I could also argue the playing Georgia Tech in the Orange bowl (i.e. Florida) is also NOT a neutral site game.

Ummm, you may want to check your facts there... playing Florida, twice, in the Outback bowl (i.e. in Florida) is NOT a neutral site game. Playing Texas and Texas Tech in the Alamo Bowl (i.e. in Texas) were NOT neutral site games. I could also argue the playing Georgia Tech in the Orange bowl (i.e. Florida) is also NOT a neutral site game.

Um yeah, that wasn't a neutral site game. Pretty much a home game for us.

Who would that have been? Arizona wasn't ranked when they came to Iowa City.

Georgia Tech was ranked #9 prior to the Orange Bowl and they are not in the Big Ten. Therefore they were a ranked, non-conference opponent. As was stated later, the OP didn't specify ranked, non-conference opponent on the road during the regular season. He said ranked non-conference oppontent. GT fits that bill.

I doubt we have played many ranked non-conference teams in that time span, but if I were AZ I would be a little nervous. This team is better than the team that handled you last year. Your team is not as good as the team that we handled last year. IF you want to get into a scoring battle that would be fine with us, your D will not be able to stop us, and our D will be able to stop you. Your offense is good, but our D is better. 35-14. I think the 14 is generous.

While we are talking about streaks...Iowa hasn't been beaten by more than 7 points in what 3-4 years? Does someone have the exact game streak? I know it's the longest in the nation right now.

I love all these predictions that we are going to get blown out by Arizona (ok, mostly their board, not the experts). The facts support that it just doesn't happen.

While we are talking about streaks...Iowa hasn't been beaten by more than 7 points in what 3-4 years? Does someone have the exact game streak? I know it's the longest in the nation right now.

I love all these predictions that we are going to get blown out by Arizona (ok, mostly their board, not the experts). The facts support that it just doesn't happen.

You have to go back to 2007, when it happened at least three times. Purdue and Penn State both beat Iowa handily, and then some directional school with nothing to play for beat Iowa by nine in the season finale.

i wonder if slimcat will be mad when iowa finishes up the home and home 2-0 against the wildcats. perhaps they didn't bear down enough last year though

Here are some stats foryou:

Since 1990, Pac-10 teams are 25-6-1 at home against Big Ten teams. Both teams were ranked in seven of those 32 games, and the Pac-10 team won all seven. Iowa hasn’t won a regular season game in the mountain/pacific/Hawaiian time zones since 1987. Since 2004, the Pac-10 is 15-8 overall against the Big Ten (including bowls). Three of those Pac-10 losses, however, have been by Arizona

Latest posts