I'm just glad Iowa isn't stuck with this Jacobsen guy!

That was a hell of a win by UNI but I still don't want Jacobsen. We've already done the "Hire the coach of a tourney darling" before.

You guys talk like no successful coach at a major DI program was ever hired out of a mid-major. In actuality, almost all of them were.

Jacobson is a great coach. Regardless of whether or not Iowa is interested in hiring him. At least give him that.

And everyone who is now going to say we need to hire Jacobsen because of this is ridiculous!!!

You may be absolutley right, I don't have an opinion as to who should get the job. But, that doesn't stop the Jacobsen angst from being amusing.

Ok... I think it is ridiculous that Jacobsen is not being taken seriously... before I start this, here are my top 3

Drew/Dixon
Forbes

But here is the deal.. let's say that Tubby goes to Auburn and then Jacobsen goes to Minnesota, wins b10 titles, and consistently is in the tourney... and we don't get over the hump...
Our program will be the laughing stock of the country if we pass on someone in our own back yard who is by all accounts and EXCELLENT coach. His in-game coaching and adjustments are better than Lick and Mac for the record, and he has GREAT relationships with his players. I questioned his ability to coach two years ago when he had a ton of talent and couldn't do anything with it... but he is now getting his on-the-job training that we keep talking about.

Jake will be a GREAT d1 head coach, is he the best fit for Iowa??? we will never know unless he becomes the head coach....

I am still sticking with my top 3... but I will not be upset if Barta lands Jake... he is a much better coach than Lick. (millions of times better)

You guys talk like no successful coach at a major DI program was ever hired out of a mid-major. In actuality, almost all of them were.

Jacobson is a great coach. Regardless of whether or not Iowa is interested in hiring him. At least give him that.

I wasn't trying to disrespect Jacobsen but after the Alford and Lickliter failures and watching Jacobsen's mentor Greg McDermott crash and burn at Iowa State I don't want this program going the mid-major route again. Just too painful to watch those guys fumble around as they learn on the job and the on court product suffers because of it causing fan apathy.

Ok... I think it is ridiculous that Jacobsen is not being taken seriously... before I start this, here are my top 3

Drew/Dixon
Forbes

But here is the deal.. let's say that Tubby goes to Auburn and then Jacobsen goes to Minnesota, wins b10 titles, and consistently is in the tourney... and we don't get over the hump...
Our program will be the laughing stock of the country if we pass on someone in our own back yard who is by all accounts and EXCELLENT coach. His in-game coaching and adjustments are better than Lick and Mac for the record, and he has GREAT relationships with his players. I questioned his ability to coach two years ago when he had a ton of talent and couldn't do anything with it... but he is now getting his on-the-job training that we keep talking about.

Jake will be a GREAT d1 head coach, is he the best fit for Iowa??? we will never know unless he becomes the head coach....

I am still sticking with my top 3... but I will not be upset if Barta lands Jake... he is a much better coach than Lick. (millions of times better)

What if any of your choices goes to a different school and wins how is that going to be any different than Jacobsen. That is true of any of the candidates.

Because at Iowa we have a lot more to accomplish than beating #1 seeds and being in the sweet sixteen. The job involves so much more.

I wasn't trying to disrespect Jacobsen but after the Alford and Lickliter failures and watching Jacobsen's mentor Greg McDermott crash and burn at Iowa State I don't want this program going the mid-major route again. Just too painful to watch those guys fumble around as they learn on the job and the on court product suffers because of it causing fan apathy.

Alford was a bad hire because he was great a basketball player but he is not a good basketball coach.

Lickliter was a bad hire because he was ill-prepared to acquire and nurture talent at a level to prevent him from compiling the worst three-year period of Hawkeye basketball history and because Iowa fans were not in the mood for a really bad team that was also painfully boring to watch play.

Let's look at each hire for what they were, and not paint with such a wide brush.