Im going to Madison, anything to do...

teknodex

Im going to Madison, WI for a week for some training at my new job. I was going to check out the campus ( camp randall and the other complexes) is there anything anybody can recommend while im there. It is for a week, so id like to find something to do.

Thanks for any feedback.

Ill be sure to rock my hawkeye gear!

Yes actually...find the first person with a big W on their shirt and punch him in the face! Then say go hawks!

If you are into good microbrews, drop by one of the three Great Dane Pubs around town (downtown pub is my favorite) or Aly Asylum.

Great Dane Pub - Great Dane Pub
Ale Aslyum

Take an evening walk down State Street. Start at State and Lake Streets and walk towards the Capitol.

Madison is a great town. Enjoy!

If you are into good microbrews, drop by one of the three Great Dane Pubs around town (downtown pub is my favorite) or Aly Asylum.

Great Dane Pub - Great Dane Pub
Ale Aslyum

Take an evening walk down State Street. Start at State and Lake Streets and walk towards the Capitol.

Madison is a great town. Enjoy!

What Harpo said. There are a lot of fantastic restaurants and bars on State Street and downtown. Also, if you are into running, rollerblading or biking, there are great trails around the lakes. The scenery is beautiful.

YOu working for Oscar Mayer?

Go to State street and hit wanda's......make sure you have at least one "fish bowl"

Also hit the prime Quarter......pick your own steak from the locker and cook it on these big grills by the tables......try the teryaki ones if you like that,,,,,really good.

Hit the Ice Cream shop on campus.....killer ice cream made with fresh dairy from the campus bovines.

That should do it for a few nights. Drink a few spotted cow beers too....they are good. YOU better sport some hawkeye gear while doing these things as well

No, not oscar meyer lol.... its for American Furniture...in johnston. i will deffinetly sport my iowa gear.

Eat at Natt Spiel on King Street at least once.
The walk from campus to the capitol is wonderful
Walk or drive around Willy St (just east of downtown) and Monroe Street (by the stadium)
Any of the restaurants on the capitol square and the spoke streets are great.
Do something on each lake.
Good music scene too.

Latest posts