I'm Going to Defend KOK!

Mac50702

There IS proof that KOK listens to his players and wants to make adjustments. REMEMBER MSU 2009 7 got 6? What happened? McNutt tells KOK that his man has been playing the fade all game and he thinks that he could beat him on the slant. What happens after that? 7 Gets 6. This season is not all on KOK. Point to KF and whoever the D-Coordinator is.

I agree. I think every loss in the past three years can and should be pinned on the defense or the defense and the special teams or injuries or officiating.

I am looking forward to seeing Vandenberg at the QB position next year. I know only time will tell, but I believe that he has a better arm and will be better able to look off defenders and read the defense. I think Stanzi despite his numbers is a very average quarterback. Ready for next year already.

Especially for a 5th year Sr. After today's performance he shouldn't be up for any award.

I didn't mind the play calling today EXCEPT when we went up 24-20 and went ultra conservative. It's only a 4 point lead with a defense that can't stop anybody. Get going.

I didn't mind the play calling today EXCEPT when we went up 24-20 and went ultra conservative. It's only a 4 point lead with a defense that can't stop anybody. Get going.

Absolutely. They continued to put 8 guys in the box and we continued to try to run the ball? We got the go ahead touchdown running quick slants against the 8 man rush. Next series? Run the ball or throw a pass the a could not be caught or if caught was going nowhere anyway.

D is not to blame when you hold Indiana to 13 points and should have lost. D is not to blame when you can only score 3 points in the 1st half to NW. Even today, this falls at the feet of the O and O scheme. It should have never came down to our back up LB's and CB's, we're better and should have scored more than 24 points (17 if you exclude DJK's kick off return which was not generated by our O!)

D is not to blame when you hold Indiana to 13 points and should have lost. D is not to blame when you can only score 3 points in the 1st half to NW. Even today, this falls at the feet of the O and O scheme. It should have never came down to our back up LB's and CB's, we're better and should have scored more than 24 points (17 if you exclude DJK's kick off return which was not generated by our O!)

The offense didnt let Minny jump out to 17-7

There IS proof that KOK listens to his players and wants to make adjustments. REMEMBER MSU 2009 7 got 6? What happened? McNutt tells KOK that his man has been playing the fade all game and he thinks that he could beat him on the slant. What happens after that? 7 Gets 6. This season is not all on KOK. Point to KF and whoever the D-Coordinator is.

If it takes a college player to identify open routes or specific plays that will work then the problem is the staff. Plain and simple. Hell, even the commentator called the slant route just before Stanzi took the snap. This is an obvious game played by not the most intelligent of people. Certainly there are exceptions but if you look around a football team it's not exactly chalked full of Rhodes scholars.

Our offense scored 2 TDs and a FG. That's 17 pts for what it's worth. MN gives up on average 33.8 pts per game. MN gives up about 400 +/- yards of offense per game. We had 218 yards. You can blame the D all you want but in the end the offense needs to score points to win games. We can't.

The O did turn the ball over a few times and was lethargic when they weren't turning the ball over. We scored 17 O points against a 2-9 Minnesota team! I'm not saying we were the Pittsburgh Steelers on D, but we should have scored a BOATLOAD more points vs. Indiana, NW and Minnesota if we're half as good as we think we are. Those were all bad offensive performances any way you slice it.

If it takes a college player to identify open routes or specific plays that will work then the problem is the staff. Plain and simple. Hell, even the commentator called the slant route just before Stanzi took the snap. This is an obvious game played by not the most intelligent of people. Certainly there are exceptions but if you look around a football team it's not exactly chalked full of Rhodes scholars.

A coach cannot see what is going on with all 11 players when he is on the sideline. If he was in the Box he might be able to see the entire field like Chris Martin could.

I think Stanzi's ball protection is actually costing us a chance to win games. When you have talented receivers you can just throw it up on occasion and let them make a play. Now Stanzi has decided to protect the ball the take a sack.

If we can't put up more than 18 points against Indiana, 24 against Minnesota, or 17 against Northwestern (all very bad defenses) with a 3 year starter QB, all-time leading WR, another NFL WR, and two good running backs, what will it take to do so? A 4 year starter, 3 NFL wideouts, and Shonn Greene part II? There was WAAAAY too much talent to play this poorly offensively this season. Some of it is on Stanzi missong wide open receivers, but the O was not put in a position to succeed with the play calling this season.

Latest posts