I'm curious as to why this whole Uthoff thing has blown up so big...

You were "banned this time" at one point of EVERY year...:D

okayguy.jpg

The fact that he is (was) blocked from 26 schools and 2 of the top 3 conferences in the nation.
Then went on national radio to defend himself and came off as a greasy, defensive, petty, little politician caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

This entire story will disappear now that restrictions have been lifted. But it will be used against Wisconsin in recruiting for years to come.

Being blocked from those schools just means Uthoff would have to pay his own way for one year right? He can still go to any school he wants he just couldn't get a scholarship for next year.

It is big because Bo ryan has been exposed for what he really is: an arrogant bully and a complete hypocrite.

The Emperor has no clothes.

I think it has a lot to deal with Ben Brust, not exactly the same situation but people compare it to this situation. I think Karma is coming back to bite him.

The Brust situation is close enough. I am still surprised the B1G allowed it. First time ever. He had a SIGNED letter of intent. Done deal. It is not like Iowa committed major violations, like Kentucky, and we were headed for serious probation.

Regardless, Bo looks like a serious *********. Much more than he did before all of this, which is hard to believe.

For all the delusions of the Wisconsin fans, they are basically a niche program on the national scene. If anything, they are known as the team that wins by playing that boring style of basketball. Bo Ryan was not a national figure until this situation came to light and I think a lot of casual fans were surprised at the pettiness and the vindictive nature he portrayed in the spotlight.

This has blown up so much in part of the Brust situation and how Brust's family came up with the "family" choice to challege the BIG.
It has also blown up because it is a joke that he has put restrictions against so many programs, especially ISU.
The thing with me on this subject is that it shouldn't happen to begin with. When a kid chooses to transfer, unless there is proven evidence that another program contacted the kid wrongfully, there should be zero restrictions.
Unfortunately, this goes on all the time and it just shouldn't. It is just funny to me that it is Wisconsin and then Bo makes himself look like an idiot.

This has blown up so much in part of the Brust situation and how Brust's family came up with the "family" choice to challege the BIG.It has also blown up because it is a joke that he has put restrictions against so many programs, especially ISU.The thing with me on this subject is that it shouldn't happen to begin with. When a kid chooses to transfer, unless there is proven evidence that another program contacted the kid wrongfully, there should be zero restrictions.Unfortunately, this goes on all the time and it just shouldn't. It is just funny to me that it is Wisconsin and then Bo makes himself look like an idiot.

You don't think their should be in conference restrictions?

You have to remember Uthoff hasn't played a single game for the Badgers... he is transferring out. He made a bad decision becoming a Badger. I don't see what the problem is with a full release. Iowa allows players to leave without restrictions dang near every year.
Is Uthoff so good that he will destroy the Badgers next year if he is on another Big Ten team?

I just keep thinking Ben Brust who signed an LOI and the Badgers tampered around and Iowa helped it along. The Hawkeyes did what was in the best interest of the recruit, and I am proud of that. Bo? Not so much... and I wouldn't put it past Uthoff to lawyer up and sue the university for slander. I mean... you have a coach that is flat out lying to the fans and media... the Wisconsin admin "misplaced" or "forgot" they had the paperwork. Bo don't remember the phone calls and they are recorded on the cell phone bill. I mean really?

The Badgers refuse to release him and taunt him publically. I don't know... but I would be talking to legal about a week ago. What a freaking circus Bo has turned this into over a freaking 19 year old!

In the court of law... any jury would find many faults in the handling of the paperwork/case, and the public comments/lies from Bo on national television/radio further state the slandering. EZ release, and for what?

Do you think Fran was happy w/Hubbard leaving last season? Do you remember how he handled it? Did he refuse to release him? NO. Did he slander him? NO. Same with Brust. About the only time he said something negative was when old boy left for USC and Fran said... "he wanted to leave, and wouldn't be talked out of it... we will go find someone better" Which is what Wisconsin's Bo Ryan could have said to save face.
I have a feeling this is far from over.

You don't think their should be in conference restrictions?

I must have taken that part out by mistake...unless the is tampering or a school within their own conference, zero restrictions.

It is a bunch of crap that it continues to go on.
The Virgina Tech story when Greenberg wouldn't allow a kid out of his LOI after the shooting is the one that the most troubling.

Do you think Fran was happy w/Hubbard leaving last season? Do you remember how he handled it? Did he refuse to release him? NO. Did he slander him? NO. Same with Brust. About the only time he said something negative was when old boy left for USC and Fran said... "he wanted to leave, and wouldn't be talked out of it... we will go find someone better" Which is what Wisconsin's Bo Ryan could have said to save face.
I have a feeling this is far from over.
Class versus crass, Greg.....

Fran wins big time.....

Latest posts