I'm Boycotting the Championship Game

KnightHawk9

I'm not even a BCS hater. I think that most years it does what it's designed to do, but this is ridiculous. I refuse to watch this game. I hope it's the lowest tv-rated BCS Championship ever.

My favorite quote from Nick Saban, "I don't know why people would be upset with us playing this game." Really? You don't know why? Maybe because it was a snoozer and you lost on your home field.

I would rather have a Friends marathon that night.

I'm not even a BCS hater. I think that most years it does what it's designed to do, but this is ridiculous. I refuse to watch this game. I hope it's the lowest tv-rated BCS Championship ever.

My favorite quote from Nick Saban, "I don't know why people would be upset with us playing this game." Really? You don't know why? Maybe because it was a snoozer and you lost on your home field.

I would rather have a Friends marathon that night.
I would be willing to bet you'll end up watching it. What else is there to do on a Monday night a week after new years lol. I have always thought that the BCS Nat'l Championship is dumb to be held on a weekday.

I'm going to watch it. The best two teams in the country in a rematch of an epic tight game. Should be good.

I'm going to watch it because not only will it be a great game but because it is the last college football game until September 2012.

i really dont want to see the same teams again, from the same conference, I would rather see a new match up, but that being said, i still watchy

Alabama doesn't deserve the rematch. LSU should just get the NC outright and everyone else plays for 2nd place.

I have to agree with the OP. I have no interest in watching this game. I will certainly place money on this game, just like every other bowl game, but will not watch the game.

What a joke. You don't win your DIVISION. You don't win your CONFERENCE. You aren't good enough to play in the SEC championship game, but you're Alabama, so you DO play in the blatantly misnamed "NATIONAL Championship Game." Wow. They haven't yet invented the words to explain this idiotic result.

You already lost, AT HOME, 9-6 in OT, to the same team you'll be playing.
You have fewer wins over quality opponents than Oklahoma State.
But YOU are Alabama.

What's the "formula" that says Alabama gets to play and Oklahoma State doesn't? We don't know. The information that is fed into the computers that determined Alabama is .009 better than Okie State has never been divulged. How can ESPN and the NCAA and the BS, er BCS, get away with it?

T. Boone Pickens said he'd launch an investigation if this happened. Go get 'em, I say. And here's an idea for ya, T. Boone. Beat Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl -- give em a good whuppin -- then lay out the money to finance a challenge game in mid-January: Okie State vs. the LSU-Alabama winner.
Sue the NCAA and the BCS and ESPN for collusion and everything else your best legal team can come up with. And maybe you can get some of those Occupy Wall Street types to occupy the Superdome and disrupt this SEC incest.

This stupidity has to end, and who better to end it than T. Boone?

I have to agree with the OP. I have no interest in watching this game. I will certainly place money on this game, just like every other bowl game, but will not watch the game.

if everyone was as cool and smart and tuff as you, this would be a great country

It's just really intellectually unsatisfying. Alabama already lost to LSU, at home. How can beating them on a neutral field make you the national champs. At best, you are even. You certainly aren't "the champion" of anything.

I'm on the opinion that Alabama should have been eliminated. Nobody knows if Alabama is better than OSU, Stanford, ect.. they never played. But we know LSU is better than Alabama. Accordingly, OSU or Stanford should get a shot. Alabama gets a free pass based upon the SEC's reputation and them being a blue blood. It's stupid.

"Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business playing in the national championship game."
Nich Saban 2003

Do people really believe Oklahoma State, a team that lost to freaking Iowa State deserves to go to the Championship over a team whose only loss was to the number 1 team in the country by 3 points?

Hopefully people follow through. I have a feeling most will watch it or at least watch portions of it(giving it ratings). If you're opposed to giving them ratings, watch it online.

Latest posts