I'm bored...figure I'll stir things up

HawKCP

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZgMtnxysUI"]YouTube- Iowa vs Michigan State 2009 live[/ame]

I've been wondering about this since the game took place...and yes I'm being petty and just trying to bring something up for discussion sake. I do not think this is a big deal...and the reason I'm posting it is because I'm bored. This also may be something that has already been discussed...I'm fairly new around here. If you watch this video at the 1:22 mark on to about 2:00...you'll notice that DJK seems very upset in the huddle. He even seems to look at McNutt with some disdain in his eyes.

Additionally, on the 3rd down play DJK mentions something to Stanzi on his way to his position and then is complaining immediately after the pass to Stross. You can also vaguely see him at the bottom of the screen on the 4th down pass...looks like he might be going through the motions as opposed to Stross (again it doesn't make much difference)...and after the catch Stross is elated and runs over to McNutt...whereas DJK just kind of strolls over there and seems to maybe be bitter about the play call as opposed to happy about the victory.

What I question is if DJK has a bit of a chip on his shoulder regarding McNutt's rise as our go to receiver. The age old argument of "I want my receiver to want the ball in big situations" certainly applies...however I'm not sure I want a guy sitting in the huddle complaining when we've got about 30 seconds to get a play called to try and win a game and once the play is called...do your best to execute. Anyone else have any thoughts about that?

Someone will attack me for trying to make something out of nothing...yeah that's what I'm doing...but I certainly don't think it's a big deal...just some food for thought.

DJK is a playmaker. He wants the ball with the game on the line. I dont have a problem with that, as long as it doesn't seep into effort...and there were times against Indiana on an INT or two that he sort of pouted. That can't happen.

The kid is an amazing talent, and I think we will see him break Iowa receiving records before he is done, and also take another KOR or two to the house

DJK is a playmaker. He wants the ball with the game on the line. I dont have a problem with that, as long as it doesn't seep into effort...and there were times against Indiana on an INT or two that he sort of pouted. That can't happen.

The kid is an amazing talent, and I think we will see him break Iowa receiving records before he is done, and also take another KOR or two to the house

I remember that BHGP did a post breaking down what DJK would need to break the all-time school record, and he's got a real good shot at getting it.

Always dangerous/difficult to interpret non verbals from a video clip. Maybe DJK was upset because he was open on one or two of the previous plays? Why assume he's upset because they weren't calling his number for the final play? On the 3rd down play (incomplete slant to stross) djk looks to have his guy beat farther outside. Maybe that's what he's upset about?

DJK has 1808 receiving yards and 123 receptions. Dwight's yardage record is 2271, so DJK is 463 away from that record, which he should break by the middle of the Big Ten season. Kasper had 157 career receptions, which is the record...DJK is 34 away from that and he should get there.

This year, he has 41 for 687. He has 7 career receiving TD's...the record is 21

I like his confidence. Also, you'll notice he's about the third guy to jump on top of McNutt after the TD--seems to me he cared more about the "W".

I don't dislike DJK...but I've had issue with his effort and attitude at times. His numbers are impressive and he is talented...but I ranked the top DL of the Ferentz era earlier...and DJK wouldn't be real high on the list of WR during the Ferentz era for me...regardless of his superior numbers. Without rankings here is a list of receivers I'd put ahead of DJK...Hinkel, Brodell, Mo Brown, CJ Jones, Kasper all for sure. Questionable...McNutt, Solomon, Tim Dodge. Can I count Tight Ends???

I wouldn't look to much into it and I agree with most...look at the big time receivers, most have an attitude and an extra swagger...think Steve Smith (Panthers), Moss, TO, 85. I can't remember any specific instances but I could see Tim Dwight doing the same sort of thing minus the pouting of course...

I did notice during the last time out while the offense was around KOK DJK did look dissapointed or upset, like he wanted the ball. But as Jon said the kid is a playmaker who wants the ball with the game on the line. It is great to have a guy step up at a time like that and say give me the ball ala Jimmy Chitwood! "l Make It"

A non-event and ancient history.....not worth your intentional stir. Thanks to this thread, now we're bored, too.

Sorry to have pulled you away from the stunning display of John Lickliter's amazing talent. You may now return to the basketball forums and the excitement that is informing everyone that you indeed do not know what is next with Tucker...thanks for dropping that knowledge on us.

Sorry to have pulled you away from the stunning display of John Lickliter's amazing talent. You may now return to the basketball forums and the excitement that is informing everyone that you indeed do not know what is next with Tucker...thanks for dropping that knowledge on us.

bahah agreed. It's worth looking at for sure though since it's been a while. I feel like he might have been a little upset..but it's really not possible to completely explain his actions. It could have easily just been hard to hear KOK in the huddle...it looked like stross was straining to hear KOK too..the huddle was right by the student section at that point in time. He could have been just reassuring stanzi after that huddle before 3rd down too..who knows. All thing aside, he makes huge plays ..that's without a doubt..he's made some amazing catches that contributed to our pretty 10-win regular season.

I don't dislike DJK...but I've had issue with his effort and attitude at times. His numbers are impressive and he is talented...but I ranked the top DL of the Ferentz era earlier...and DJK wouldn't be real high on the list of WR during the Ferentz era for me...regardless of his superior numbers. Without rankings here is a list of receivers I'd put ahead of DJK...Hinkel, Brodell, Mo Brown, CJ Jones, Kasper all for sure. Questionable...McNutt, Solomon, Tim Dodge. Can I count Tight Ends???

I will give you Hinkle and Kasper. But DJK stacks up well with the others. One thing to consider is that the others came into situations where they didn't have guys with significant experience to compete for receptions. DJK has had Stross and Brodell.

"Someone will attack me for trying to make something out of nothing...yeah that's what I'm doing...but I certainly don't think it's a big deal...just some food for thought"

First you say you are just trying to stir things up and then you admit you are trying to make something out of nothing. Are you Marty Terril's long lost son?

if you really think Hinkel was better than DJK I can save a lot of time by not reading your posts in the future as your football knowledge is very limited.

Hallelujah.............someone here has FINALLY seen the light! DJK has meant a great deal to the Hawkeye football team, over the past couple of years and when he is working his tail off, as the coaches want him to do, he is as good a WR/KR threat as there is in College football today.

:)

DJK is one of our best players. I don't understand why people keep doing this ****. He's cocky...so what? He wants the ball in his hands with the game on the line. He should. He's got talent, and he's proven it time and time again. Should I post the DJK TD kickoff return for you, or... or...?

He's got competitive fire. I don't care if he's cocky. Not sure why some of you are hatin' on our own players.

DJK has 1808 receiving yards and 123 receptions. Dwight's yardage record is 2271, so DJK is 463 away from that record, which he should break by the middle of the Big Ten season. Kasper had 157 career receptions, which is the record...DJK is 34 away from that and he should get there.

This year, he has 41 for 687. He has 7 career receiving TD's...the record is 21

WOW, he will crush the yardage and probably be around 170 for total receptions, if not 180. Amazing.

Latest posts