* I'm an Iowa State fan *

amarner32

First of all, congrats on the victory. We got smoked in just about every way possible. Your team looks like it could actually do some damage. The B1G is pretty top-heavy (Purdue, Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota all suck.) and by looking at the schedule, Iowa could make the Top 25 this year. Rudock reminds me of Drew Tate and as long as Weisman stays healthy, the running game is good. Oh, and perhaps the best part, YOUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR DOESN'T SUCK *** RIGHT NOW!!!

Next, your defense almost pitched a shutout. While our offense is a joke, the leadership of Morris and Miller impresses me. Obviously the D ended up allowing 21 points but if Iowa plays the same defense in the 4th quarter that they played all night long, the Clones don't end up with 21 points.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how you do in the B1G. 8 wins wouldn't surprise me at all based on the schedule as long as Rudock maintains his level of play. He was very impressive.

First of all, congrats on the victory. We got smoked in just about every way possible. Your team looks like it could actually do some damage. The B1G is pretty top-heavy (Purdue, Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota all suck.) and by looking at the schedule, Iowa could make the Top 25 this year. Rudock reminds me of Drew Tate and as long as Weisman stays healthy, the running game is good. Oh, and perhaps the best part, YOUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR DOESN'T SUCK *** RIGHT NOW!!!

Next, your defense almost pitched a shutout. While our offense is a joke, the leadership of Morris and Miller impresses me. Obviously the D ended up allowing 21 points but if Iowa plays the same defense in the 4th quarter that they played all night long, the Clones don't end up with 21 points.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how you do in the B1G. 8 wins wouldn't surprise me at all based on the schedule as long as Rudock maintains his level of play. He was very impressive.

Agree with you. Congrats to Iowa on a great victory. The score truly doesn't justify the game. Iowa dominated ISU on both sides of the ball and the stats besides the score show it. As much as I hate losing to Iowa you guys honestly deserved it. I think you guys will pick off 4 games easily and will be bowling again. We need a new OC or else we may be in trouble in the coming years. Congrats again and represent our state well!

I was in Ames and can honestly say that it was the most pleasant game I've ever been to up there. Even my ISU fan wife said so as well. Seemed as though most everyone got along with each other.

This could be an 8 win team IF it can shore up the problems in the defensive secondary. However, then again, you always have the Ferentz factor and Iowa just finished playing probably its weakest team of the year to date which can blur things.

Would be great to get to 8 or above, but 6 wins still looking very likely the ceiling for this team.

Agree with you. Congrats to Iowa on a great victory. The score truly doesn't justify the game. Iowa dominated ISU on both sides of the ball and the stats besides the score show it. As much as I hate losing to Iowa you guys honestly deserved it. I think you guys will pick off 4 games easily and will be bowling again. We need a new OC or else we may be in trouble in the coming years. Congrats again and represent our state well!

1. Be honest. Do you really think you'll win a game this year?

2. When will Messingham be fired?

1. Be honest. Do you really think you'll win a game this year?

2. When will Messingham be fired?
1) I think we will get 1-2 and even that might be wishful thinking. To say I am disappointed with our offense is an understatement. Our defense is alright but we have to score to win games and our offense isn't cutting it.

2) When I wanted him fired: after the bowl game against Tulsa
When he will be fired: Hopefully at the end of a 2 win max season this year but even that is wishful thinking the way Rhoads is loyal to his coaches.

1) I think we will get 1-2 and even that might be wishful thinking. To say I am disappointed with our offense is an understatement. Our defense is alright but we have to score to win games and our offense isn't cutting it.

2) When I wanted him fired: after the bowl game against Tulsa
When he will be fired: Hopefully at the end of a 2 win max season this year but even that is wishful thinking the way Rhoads is loyal to his coaches.

roads was doing everything but calling messingham a hack in the post game (iowa). i've never head a coach call out the offensive play calling more than he did during this press conference. i was pretty surprised. almost like he was cya for the loss/saison.

roads was doing everything but calling messingham a hack in the post game (iowa). i've never head a coach call out the offensive play calling more than he did during this press conference. i was pretty surprised. almost like he was cya for the loss/saison.

Rhoads called him out a couple times last year, I was surprised he stuck for another year.

Don't get all warm and fuzzy, Iowa beat a ****** cyclone team. I don't think Iowa is going to "do damage". There's no way Iowa is going to keep up with the offenses of Indiana and Illinios. I think Iowa fans actually understand that they will have a tough time getting to a bowl. This clown and his sportsmanship can take a hike. That is an ISU team that could very well go 0'fer, thus allowing Lazard to go to ND.

Don't get all warm and fuzzy, Iowa beat a ****** cyclone team. I don't think Iowa is going to "do damage". There's no way Iowa is going to keep up with the offenses of Indiana and Illinios. I think Iowa fans actually understand that they will have a tough time getting to a bowl. This clown and his sportsmanship can take a hike. That is an ISU team that could very well go 0'fer, thus allowing Lazard to go to ND.
The good news is they don't have to keep up with the offenses of Indiana or Illinois.

I was pleasantly surprised when our neighbors tailgating were hawks fans, and the clown fans on the other side shared some patron cafe flavor. Ice cold tequila that was like a malt flavor coffee. Actually was pretty damn good.

Welcome from Las Vegas.

I appreciate the sportsmanship, but let's cut the bull. Iowa State is horrible and Iowa isn't much better. Iowa will be LUCKY to get 6 wins this year. Sure, we have a workhorse that can tote the rock, but we have NO passing game. Unless Ruddock can wake up and take over a game, we are looking at a long year. Thankfully, our D does look decent (but we haven't faced much yet).

I appreciate the sportsmanship, but let's cut the bull. Iowa State is horrible and Iowa isn't much better. Iowa will be LUCKY to get 6 wins this year. Sure, we have a workhorse that can tote the rock, but we have NO passing game. Unless Ruddock can wake up and take over a game, we are looking at a long year. Thankfully, our D does look decent (but we haven't faced much yet).

Let me get this straight. Rudock has looked decent in his first three games outside of a couple of rookie mistakes but now you want him to just turn on the light switch and become Joe Montana? I think he has handled himself well beyond expectations that were on him before the season started. Remember when Stanzi took over in 2008? Didn't he have a RB that took the pressure off of him? OH! That's right! He did! His name was Shonn Greene. Be thankful we have a running game to take the pressure of of Rudock.

I am not saying Rhoads should have called out Messingham, but he called a very horrible game until 5 minutes left.

Sure, we have a workhorse that can tote the rock, but we have NO passing game.

You serious Clark? How could any Hawk fan not be happy Ruddock and darn right excited about his future after these 3 games? You realize these are his first 3 games in college ever, right? This includes a road game in a hornet's nest. His accuracy is something we haven't seen in a long time, and he is above average athletically. If his targets could learn to catch, I think you'd have a different perspective.

Latest posts