Illinois Trainwreck Continues

The coaching staff has been using the tight end more and more in the last few ball games. I suspect they are worried about losing their top tight end recruit so they have revised their offense to involve the tight end more to impress the recruit. Hopefully, the recruit sees through the charade and comes to Iowa!

I'm not sure of your definition of using the tight end more, but over the past 4 games, the tight end has a grand total of 2 catches for 18 yards.

In the Illinois games I've watched, I've not seen one pass thrown to their tight end.

The tight end recruit out of Illinois that will be visiting Iowa will do what he feels is best for him. But one thing is certain. The offense that is currently being run by Illinois Does not use or very rarely uses its tight ends. Good or bad for them, that's the fact at this point.

Last edited:
it strikes me that when you have all these big time recruits and they don't reach their "personal" gooals things tend to go down hill.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of your definition of using the tight end more, but over the past 4 games, the tight end has a grand total of 2 catches for 18 yards.

In the Illinois games I've watched, I've not seen one pass thrown to their tight end.

The tight end recruit out of Illinois that will be visiting Iowa will do what he feels is best for him. But one thing is certain. The offense that is currently being run by Illinois Does not use or very rarely uses its tight ends. Good or bad for them, that's the fact at this point.

Doesn't it make you wonder why he committed there in the first place?

Tight ends...

Not sure what game you were watching but last week I watched for about 5 minutes and they passed to the tight end at least four or five times. The offensive coordinator told the announcers/media that they had to get the tight ends more involved in the offense...

Before the past couple of weeks when they started using their backup QBs they were not using their tight ends at all or very little. Since they have been using their 2nd and 3rd string QBs they have been passing to their tight ends, especially with the 3rd string QB (Chaster?, is that his name).

Latest posts