Illinois Point Guard Jeremy Fears Jr. Discusses Recent Iowa Basketball Offer

Was in IC last Monday for an unofficial visit. Lots of competition here and growing but interested enough to stop by.

He must be highly thought of to get an offer so soon. Looks like he '
sees the floor well. A bit on the thin side right now. Interesting prospect!
Yeah we hit home runs with the Mason City PGs back in the day and they committed around their freshman yrs I believe. It almost takes a perfect storm for that kind of thing to happen and got it twice from the same HS. How often has a player committed that early stuck with it played 4 yrs and graduated?

As far as this kid goes yeah quick skinny kid with a handle just learning the game yet. Will be fun to keep an eye on him.

We have to offer kids at an earlier and earlier age now, did Fran offer the goofy kid with his head in the cut out yet?

Seems to me McCaffery offered a freshman over in the Quad Cities area early on in his tenure here. Don't remember where the kid wound up at, but he didn't progress as much as the coaching staffed hoped and I think he signed at a lower level.

Seems to me McCaffery offered a freshman over in the Quad Cities area early on in his tenure here. Don't remember where the kid wound up at, but he didn't progress as much as the coaching staffed hoped and I think he signed at a lower level.
You might be thinking of Rock Island's Chasson Randle, who had a serviceable collegiate career at Stanford.

No, I believe McCaffery pursued Randle all the way to the end. He was a damn good player. The guy I was thinking about didn't develop much and I think went to a Div II or III school in Illinois somewhere. Tall skinny white kid. Anyway, the name isn't important. My point is some kids excel early and then just stop. Think J.R. Angle. He is still listed as one of the highest ranked players that ever went to Iowa by 247Sports, but he peaked way before he got here.

I am pretty sure he offered Patrick as a Freshmen. But, what happens at the dinner table, stays at the dinner table......

Latest posts