Illini hire Toledo coach

Yep for sure they did. No clue if this will work for Illinois but the couple of times I had watched Toledo the last 2 years they impressed me a bit. The concern I would have if I were an Illinois fan is Beckman is suppose to be a "defensive guy" and Toledo's defense was not very good at all this year. Their offense was very good though.

Didn't they scored 60+ on more than one occasion this year...

Didn't they scored 60+ on more than one occasion this year...

Yep they scored over 60 twice, and over 50 in 2 other games. In the 2 60+ point games however their defense gave up 63 in each game. Losing 1 of those games to NIU.

I live in Ohio. This hire makes me nervous. People think the world of him out here, and more than a few thought that he would be the next coach at Ohio State. I hope he falls on his face, but I specifically did not want it to be him. He's got an air of inevitability about him.

I live in Ohio. This hire makes me nervous. People think the world of him out here, and more than a few thought that he would be the next coach at Ohio State. I hope he falls on his face, but I specifically did not want it to be him. He's got an air of inevitability about him.

Then he will probably Chizik the hell out of there the first chance he gets.

He's not a familiar name and that is why some will scoff. But this guy can coach. He comes from a good coaching tree and grew up the son of a successful coach. Meyer and Tressel both hired him for their staffs. Toledo had the best recruiting class in the MAC each of the last two years.
No idea how it will work out, but, I wouldn't consider it a good thing for Iowa.

He used to attend games at Kinnick and would throw lifesavers at Woody whenever they came to town.

Well, I suppose that's better than an air of invincibility.

Latest posts