I'll tell you what is priceless

doublehawkeye

The Iowa fans for a big road game. What support. At the end of the game, while the Iowa team was celebrating with the Iowa fans, my son asked me why so many Michigan fans were staying to watch, so I asked one standing close to me. His response was on the money: "I don't know about all the fans here, but I suspect it is because it is so obvious that you love your team and they love you. There is something unique about it." I said that he was dead on.

The Iowa fans for a big road game. What support. At the end of the game, while the Iowa team was celebrating with the Iowa fans, my son asked me why so many Michigan fans were staying to watch, so I asked one standing close to me. His response was on the money: "I don't know about all the fans here, but I suspect it is because it is so obvious that you love your team and they love you. There is something unique about it." I said that he was dead on.

Impressive.

Yunno, also because the Ann Arbor fan I have found is not like a Columbus fan. They seem to just be able to enjoy the atmosphere more. Really a pretty welcoming place to go see a game. Even when their team is having a tough time.

As Dolph was talking to Mike Hlas after the game, you very clearly hear the cheers from the Iowa fans. You could hear the I-O-W-A chant; it was unmistakable and clear as a bell.

Yunno, also because the Ann Arbor fan I have found is not like a Columbus fan. They seem to just be able to enjoy the atmosphere more. Really a pretty welcoming place to go see a game. Even when their team is having a tough time.

Yup. I felt very welcomed by pretty much everyone in Ann Arbor. There were two d-bags that we ran into while we were there, and one of them was a Buckeye fan. I was very impressed by the Michigan fans' hospitality overall.

Stealing your quote for my facebook status double. That is, if it's OK with you. :) Quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever heard.

I caught a lump in my throat reading this, Double.

I haven't visited every venue in the B10 but I have been to most of them and UM is far and away my favorite away venue. I like the game atmosphere, the tailgating and have found it most wecloming of any venue with a pusle.

That means more than wins and losses. To acknowledge the connection between a program and its fans. Pretty cool for an opposing fan to say that! Very classy. I only hate Michigan a little now.

Great post, double, thanks! I wish I had been with you to hear this compliment in person, and to be able to thank the classy Michigan fan. :)

Great post! Raised some goose bumps on my skin. I've always said that even though I dislike Michigan, they do have some of the classiest fans in the B10. Much moreso than tOSU's.

Latest posts