I'll Pass, Thanks.

i dont care whether you go to the bowl game or not or what you do with your money, keep it to yourself, if you wanna bash the team or coaches do it in one of the 100 or so threads that are already out there

How many days are you going to post the same garbage? Yes, we lost. Yes, it was a disappointing season. Yes, we are all frustrated. But what good is it to CONSTANTLY b*tch about it 24/7? It is over. I am starting to look forward to the bowl game!

There is nothing wrong with venting frustration over the epic disappointment this season has become. It's going to take more than a couple days for most fans to fully digest this mess, and we have a right to question what is the root cause. I don't know how you can say with a straight face that you are looking forward to most likely the Gator bowl or the Insight bowl after the effort we saw Saturday against Minnesota. 8-5, 7-6 what is the difference at this point really? I still bleed black and gold but I am not going to pretend everything is sunshine and rainbows with our program right now.

There is nothing wrong with venting frustration over the epic disappointment this season has become. It's going to take more than a couple days for most fans to fully digest this mess, and we have a right to question what is the root cause. I don't know how you can say with a straight face that you are looking forward to most likely the Gator bowl or the Insight bowl after the effort we saw Saturday against Minnesota. 8-5, 7-6 what is the difference at this point really? I still bleed black and gold but I am not going to pretend everything is sunshine and rainbows with our program right now.

For most of us, this is true. ThunderHawk has been going on like this for weeks though. He's had plenty of time to vent.

If you don't complain and just accept the BS then you wind up like the cubs... suck every year but they fill the stadium... I am not a Cub fan nor do I wantot be a fan of a team like them. No body will do anything because the money keeps rolling in. The fans pay a lot of money to Mr. Frenetz so he needs to put a team and staff together that warrants the pay. I am soooo interested in his presser this week more than ever. If it is the same arrogant BS then I think I will pass on the bowl game.

It's not true. Technically, being in "also receiving votes" is not being ranked. Only the top 25 teams are "nationally ranked".

I disagree. This post is just idiotic trolling by the board's consummate pessimist. The Sagarin rankings come out every week. No matter what, we will be "nationally ranked" in those. Iowa is currently 25 and is one of the better 7-5 teams in the country, Iowa State is currently 60th, so they could also purport to be "nationally ranked" if they wanted to.

Didn't happen in 2006. That team was right up there for disappointment, and they played the way they were capable of against Texas.

Yeah. They jumped out to a decent lead, let it slip away, and blew a chance to win the game with an epically boneheaded play call late in the 4th quarter.

Capable indeed.

Yeah. They jumped out to a decent lead, let it slip away, and blew a chance to win the game with an epically boneheaded play call late in the 4th quarter.

Capable indeed.

They also got hosed on a BS penalty (on a VERY good play call). The players gave it their all in that one, even though they appeared to have quit in the regular season. But if pessimisism is what gets you through the day, more power to you. Don't see why you bother to even talk about such a group of losers, since they obviously aren't worth your time.

They also got hosed on a BS penalty (on a VERY good play call). The players gave it their all in that one, even though they appeared to have quit in the regular season. But if pessimisism is what gets you through the day, more power to you. Don't see why you bother to even talk about such a group of losers, since they obviously aren't worth your time.

hate.jpg

Another sham by the BCS.

The way the BCS rules are set up now, they (host Bowl Cartel) charge the attending schools for the 15k or whatever the number of tickets is, and if you don't sell out, the school eats them.

That's why you're going to see a push on line and etc for Iowa fans to "step up" and buy tickets through the UI. Same as every year, for every team, going to a bowl game.

These minor Obama-BCS-bowls really do take the money out of Iowan's pockets into their respective Chamber of Commerce's.

Last edited:
Another sham by the BCS.

The way the BCS rules are set up now, they (host Bowl Cartel) charge the attending schools for the 15k or whatever the number of tickets is, and if you don't sell out, the school eats them.

That's why you're going to see a push on line and etc for Iowa fans to "step up" and buy tickets through the UI. Same as every year, for every team, going to a bowl game.

These minor Obama-BCS-bowls really do take the money out of Iowan's pockets into their respective Chamber of Commerce's.

I'm confused. Am I an Obama supporter if I go to a lesser Bowl? Is the U of I an Obama supporter if they accept an invitation to one?

I disagree. This post is just idiotic trolling by the board's consummate pessimist. The Sagarin rankings come out every week. No matter what, we will be "nationally ranked" in those. Iowa is currently 25 and is one of the better 7-5 teams in the country, Iowa State is currently 60th, so they could also purport to be "nationally ranked" if they wanted to.

I'm the board's consummate pessimist?

It wasn't a BS penalty, as the TE Chandler lined up to close to the tackle with another receiver to his side that was also on the line of scrimmage therefore making him ineligible for the pass. I suppose when it happened to Illinois to bring back an 80 yard TD in a game Iowa won 10-6 the following year it wasn't BS right?

I don't think Iowa fans will travel well this year but I may be wrong. There is huge disappointment in this season, especially with the coaching staff.

After watching this team play against Minnesota or lack of play and effort I wouldn't blame fans for not following this team. If this team puts out the effort they did Saturday and the coaches coach like they have the past four or five weeks, fans can't expect much at a bowl game other than a very listless Iowa team and a coaching staff that has lost the team.... and thinks it is because of effort...

It wasn't a BS penalty, as the TE Chandler lined up to close to the tackle with another receiver to his side that was also on the line of scrimmage therefore making him ineligible for the pass. I suppose when it happened to Illinois to bring back an 80 yard TD in a game Iowa won 10-6 the following year it wasn't BS right?

From the replays, he wasn't obviously on the LOS. It was close, but pretty ticky tack (kind of like the onside kick in the Outback. Even if Greenway was over the line, it wasn't by enough to justify calling it).

Latest posts