If you thought Iowa-ISU was nasty, Iowa-Neb will be far worse

I think the game will become a great rival and playing after Thanksgiving would make it a great tradition for sure. Nebraska has a great tradition and has the same built in disadvantages the Hawks have. Could be a great showcase for both Iowa and Nebraska for sure. Plus another coach with Hawkeye ties.

It wont be bad for me I run in to a husker fan about once ever 3 years here.

However I have a cyclone living two doors east directly west of me.

I am glad the ISU rivalry is going to cool down. In ten years or so there may be cosiderably less animosity.

wait what?

When I was in school and we played Nebby at Kinnick, I found their fans to be really great and a lot of fun. Maybe it was because they knew it wasn't going to be a contest but I left that game very impressed with them.

I live in Sioux City and I have no hatred greater than for the red-clad Nebraska Cornshuckers and their spoiled arrogant fans.

I really believe that...the tenor of rivalries depends on where you live...Iowa fans living in the twin cities probably hate Minnesota...when I lived in central illinois late 1988-1996, I hated Illinois with a passion (sports wise) and still have some degree of dislike, but nothing like when I lived there.

I never cared about ISU until I moved to WDM in 2005...now, that rivalry is pretty consuming here. Folks in IC/CR might not feel that way.

Here in DSM, I think the Iowa-Nebraska rivalry will get pretty bad...even when the ISU rivalry was bad, it was still Iowans...this will be different. This will be a rival that believes that are better than we are, that will look down at us and have no problems acting that way...perhaps how some Iowa fans have felt about ISU...they will feel like we are the little brother in this relationship.

I think it's gonna get nasty, and fast.

Far worse is somehow far better. I love to see Nebraska get beat, I don't feel that way about ISU. There is no joy in defeating ISU. I would much rather project the rivalry, the passion, and the give-and-take outside the state of Iowa, rather than inward. Now, we can honestly cheer for ISU, and they can feel free to pull for the Hawks.

When I was in school and we played Nebby at Kinnick, I found their fans to be really great and a lot of fun. Maybe it was because they knew it wasn't going to be a contest but I left that game very impressed with them.
That is why they are nice, when eastern illinois rolls into kinnick we will be nice and respectful to them, but you can guarantee when ISU, PSU, Wisc, any big ten team will not feel as welcome. Same goes for Neb, i bet last year they thought cakewalk against ISU so they were nice to the fans i bet this year they wont be as nice and the fans in ames will be rubbing last years loss in their face.

I don't care about Nebraska. The fact that this board has become all Nebraska all the time bores the hell out of me.

I don't care about Nebraska. The fact that this board has become all Nebraska all the time bores the hell out of me.

Well it didn't stop you from making another pointless post, nothing is forcing you to come here so if you are that bored then just leave. That is a pretty simple concept.

I think Iowa-Nebraska would immediately be a bigger rivalry than Iowa-Iowa State. Nebraska is more of an equal power and they are/would be in conference rivals.

I could be very satisfied with calling it a day right now....now that Neb is on board....make ND come crawling to the Big-10 at a later date. 12 teams is perfect.

By gollee Brach...you're right!

Recruiting Update - Nebraska Football

From the Nebraska page listed above......

"Three-star defensive end Riley Rieff of South Dakota was committed as of mid-November."

and....

Scout.com: A change of heart, again

I think this is part of the reason the rivalry will get nasty so quick. These two schools compete for a LOT of the same players. Omaha has been pretty good grounds for Iowa in recent years, Prater, Tarpinian, Shada (Sorry had to laugh when I said it), etc. But these guys go after similar players especially on the O-line and on defense.
To add to the posts about playing this game after Thanksgiving, I know Neb always played Colorado the Friday after Thanksgiving in the past, however that is likely to change going forward. So it should be an open date for both teams.

I could be very satisfied with calling it a day right now....now that Neb is on board....make ND come crawling to the Big-10 at a later date. 12 teams is perfect.

I completely agree and have been saying this since Nebraska was announced. It also splits up the conference into a eastern and western division perfectly.

Latest posts