If You Could Only Have 1 Hawkeye Sport in '20-21

Only one Hawkeye sport can be played in '20-21. Who ya got?

• Total voters
Are you high? That guy singlehandedly ran contain for the defense to cover up weakness at LB. He ripped USC's QB's shoulder and put us in a spot of assuring a guaranteed win in that game. He drew a bunch of doubles that freed up the rest of the defense. He forced teams to gameplan to the other side. The kid was a generationally talented ball player at Iowa and I don't want to say he was the best DE in the Ferentz era, but I would have a helluva time picking between him, Roth and Clayborn for the best. I guess I'd maybe put Clayborn #1 because of that game against GA Tech where he shut down half of the field. That was the best single performance by a Hawkeye defender in the past 20 years, but when Clayborn was confronted with a mediocre LB class in 2010 and was asked to take a bigger role, I don't think he was as good at that role as Epenesa was.

Looking at his stats, I would say that was the quietest great year I have seen.

BUT, I think we replace him. Maybe not the stats he put up, but the overall production of this D line will be outstanding.

I think this D line as a unit will be better than last year. I wish AJ was back though.

I believe Rick Heller when he says that if football doesn’t happen his program is in jeopardy of shutting down. Way more than I believe you or whatever “news” sources you cherry pick—left, right, or middle.

If football doesn’t take place this year, there are going to be non-revenue programs collapsing in droves. It’s math. Not opinion.

WTF are you even talking about? Oh, never mind...

I voted for basketball. I'm assuming Luka is back and it could be a historic season. I might vote wrestling second. That would be a return to the top. I think football might be a year away. Maybe not.
It seems like football is always a year away for us!

I choose Men's BBall but I hope all three come off. With Basketball you get 30+ games vs 12 or 13 football games and the BBall Team Roster could win its first real conference championship in a long time.

I choose Men's BBall but I hope all three come off. With Basketball you get 30+ games vs 12 or 13 football games and the BBall Team Roster could win its first real conference championship in a long time.
I think the talent is there, finally. How its managed and used could be the "X" factor.

I choose Men's BBall but I hope all three come off. With Basketball you get 30+ games vs 15 football games and the BBall Team Roster could win its first real conference championship in a long time.

FIFY

We don't need a poll to know that all sports depend on having football. I think the OP was hoping for a little more light-hearted emotional response when he asked:

Who ya got?

Latest posts