If You Could Only Have 1 Hawkeye Sport in '20-21

Only one Hawkeye sport can be played in '20-21. Who ya got?

• Total voters
Iowa could not win the conference title game, and even if we did, our luck would be as follows:

regular season 11-1, loss to OSU.

Michigan beats OSU on fluke play by 1 point, goes to B1G title game at 10-2 or something lame.

We beat Michigan and improve to 12-1. Then, the Committee meets and puts OSU into the title game. Same shit happened to PSU back in the day. The ONLY way Iowa ever makes it to the dance is to go undefeated. And in a year with road games at OSU and PSU plus the de facto road game in Indy which would presumably be against OSU, it just ain't happening. Hence, my question about marihuana.
The Penn St team you're talking about had 2 losses, not 1.

We need football for the simple reason that if there isn’t any, non-revenue sports like baseball are going to disappear.

If you had to choose between the FB team making the playoffs or the BB team making the final four, (both this year)...how would you vote?

If you had to choose between the FB team making the playoffs or the BB team making the final four, (both this year)...how would you vote?

Final Four because that team might be good enough to win 2 in a row and get hardware. I've seen Clemson in person. They would hang 56 on us. If Eppy had come back and we had that one difference maker on the line, maybe I would change my opinion. I don't want to be in a playoff scenario unless we have a team like '09 or '02 where we would theoretically have a puncher's chance against the big dogs. This team prolly ain't there.

From a practical standpoint, we need football more than anything because of how much revenue it produces for the athletic department that winds up paying for most everything else. But selfishly I want basketball because it's the sport where they have a legitimate chance to compete for the B10 title and make some noise in the NCAA.

I'm curious as to what sport Clinton picks. :)

Tough question. I said football. I pretty much quit going tailgating and going to the games but instead host a watch party with 20-30 people (usually outdoor) that lasts all day - so pretty much tailgating at home. Usually my favorite part of the year. Basketball has a lot more games and we look to be pretty good next year but none of my friends or neighbors really follow it so I usually end up watching them alone. Fantastic question!

Even with a potential historic season in basketball a possibility, there's been too much scar tissue built up over the last several years for me regarding the program's performance over an entire season.

For me, there's nothing like football Saturdays. Couple that with a 1st year QB (which always seem to thrive), loaded skill position talent, and an awesome schedule (which KF teams seem to rise to the occasion for), I'll take football every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Watching Tyler Goodson>watching anyone on the basketball court*

*Unless Luka stays

Football. I will always choose football.

That said, there is something pretty special about March Madness if your team gets on a roll.

If the football team made the playoffs, that means they would have probably won at the 'Shoe and would have won the B1G title in Indy as well. Both those things coupled with getting to hear for a month about Hawkeye football on a national stage until their playoff game would be awesome. Gimme that over the Final Four.

Iowa could not win the conference title game, and even if we did, our luck would be as follows:

regular season 11-1, loss to OSU.

Michigan beats OSU on fluke play by 1 point, goes to B1G title game at 10-2 or something lame.

We beat Michigan and improve to 12-1. Then, the Committee meets and puts OSU into the title game. Same shit happened to PSU back in the day. The ONLY way Iowa ever makes it to the dance is to go undefeated. And in a year with road games at OSU and PSU plus the de facto road game in Indy which would presumably be against OSU, it just ain't happening. Hence, my question about marihuana.

Barta is committee chair.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but as much as I like football more than basketball, this year I'd choose basketball. If all goes right, this could be on of those once in a generation type seasons. Holy crap!... 1980 was a generation ago!. If LG decides not to come back, can I change my answer?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but as much as I like football more than basketball, this year I'd choose basketball. If all goes right, this could be on of those once in a generation type seasons. Holy crap!... 1980 was a generation ago!. If LG decides not to come back, can I change my answer?

A generation is like 20 years, bud. One of my hombres who was born in '78 already has grandkids.

Easy question for me. Football.

The basketball team would have to do something it hasn't ever proven it can do under Fran, particularly in the postseason. Play sound defense needed to make a run in the NCAA tournament. They haven't even shown they can play good enough D to make a run in the B1G tournament.

The football team has proven they can play the kind of defense to win their division. And now it looks like Iowa may even have some pieces on offense that will make opposing DC actually pay attention. And if Iowa wins their division with 1 loss or less they have a shot at making the playoff.

The basketball team didn't get a chance to prove they could make a postseason run last season. We have the best player in college basketball returning. And its a great style and pace of basketball to watch.

Don't get me wrong, I love football Saturdaysamd I do hope we get them back. But basketball team is preseason ranked in the top 10. Top 5 of some poles. I hope we get to see all three teams complete their full seasons or at least through postseason play.

Football. That program is trending in a direction that could better than what everyone thinks basketball will be like this year.
This football season could be spectacular. A B1G championship could be within our reach, which means a playoff berth. Beating OSU twice in a season will be something we will remember for the rest of our lives and rank this season as one of the best ever, if not the best ever.

Latest posts