If You Could Only Have 1 Hawkeye Sport in '20-21

Only one Hawkeye sport can be played in '20-21. Who ya got?

• Total voters

RobHowe

Administrator
I heard this question asked on the Hawk Central Podcast last week. With the unknown status of college sports next season, which one would you choose if only one could be contested?

I voted for basketball. I'm assuming Luka is back and it could be a historic season. I might vote wrestling second. That would be a return to the top. I think football might be a year away. Maybe not.

I voted for basketball. I'm assuming Luka is back and it could be a historic season. I might vote wrestling second. That would be a return to the top. I think football might be a year away. Maybe not.
No doubt. I love football, but this hoops team has potential for a historic season.

I heard this question asked on the Hawk Central Podcast last week. With the unknown status of college sports next season, which one would you choose if only one could be contested?

Men's basketball, 100%!

No brainer. KF is going to win 8-10 games this year and it will be a nice season with a nice bowl. Fran has a chance to do something we have not seen in a couple generations at Iowa.

Our loss to a 14 seed in the opening round was less than a generation ago.

Even with a potential historic season in basketball a possibility, there's been too much scar tissue built up over the last several years for me regarding the program's performance over an entire season.

For me, there's nothing like football Saturdays. Couple that with a 1st year QB (which always seem to thrive), loaded skill position talent, and an awesome schedule (which KF teams seem to rise to the occasion for), I'll take football every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Football is what I most want to watch.
Basketball could have a very special season.
Wrestling got robbed of a national title and deserves another opportunity.

Thus, I vote Wrestling.

I picked basketball. In their current states, the basketball team is a lot more exciting to watch.

Even with a potential historic season in basketball a possibility, there's been too much scar tissue built up over the last several years for me regarding the program's performance over an entire season.

For me, there's nothing like football Saturdays. Couple that with a 1st year QB (which always seem to thrive), loaded skill position talent, and an awesome schedule (which KF teams seem to rise to the occasion for), I'll take football every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I agree 100%. No shot at basketball whatsoever, but for me football is #1 in terms of college sports. Everything else is a distant second. I just don't see any other collegiate event/tradition that gets my blood flowing then watching the Swarm come out of the tunnel on game day.

Easy question for me. Football.

The basketball team would have to do something it hasn't ever proven it can do under Fran, particularly in the postseason. Play sound defense needed to make a run in the NCAA tournament. They haven't even shown they can play good enough D to make a run in the B1G tournament.

The football team has proven they can play the kind of defense to win their division. And now it looks like Iowa may even have some pieces on offense that will make opposing DC actually pay attention. And if Iowa wins their division with 1 loss or less they have a shot at making the playoff.

Do you live in a jurisdiction where marihuana is legal?

If Iowa goes to the B1G championship game with 1 loss, they would be 1 win away on the final weekend of the college football season from having a strong case for a playoff spot.

1 loss B1G champions are always going to get serious consideration, regardless of the season.

In 2020, a 1 loss Iowa team would be a lock for the playoff. Their schedule is brutal.

I voted for basketball. I like football a little bit more, but I would rather see just how special of a season Luka can lead us to.

If Iowa goes to the B1G championship game with 1 loss, they would be 1 win away on the final weekend of the college football season from having a strong case for a playoff spot.

1 loss B1G champions are always going to get serious consideration, regardless of the season.

In 2020, a 1 loss Iowa team would be a lock for the playoff. Their schedule is brutal.

Iowa could not win the conference title game, and even if we did, our luck would be as follows:

regular season 11-1, loss to OSU.

Michigan beats OSU on fluke play by 1 point, goes to B1G title game at 10-2 or something lame.

We beat Michigan and improve to 12-1. Then, the Committee meets and puts OSU into the title game. Same shit happened to PSU back in the day. The ONLY way Iowa ever makes it to the dance is to go undefeated. And in a year with road games at OSU and PSU plus the de facto road game in Indy which would presumably be against OSU, it just ain't happening. Hence, my question about marihuana.

Latest posts