If you could bring back one former Hawk, who would it be?

Chris Kingsbury. Need someone with a set of testicles that can shoot.
Chris Street would be tough to pass up, though.
Kings bury sure would spread the loved, he was either "hot or due"

liked Kevin Gamble, he would really help this team in crunch time

Kingsbury wasn't the shooter many of you think. He would launch from any where on the floor, but his % wasn't all that tremendous. I would take Lester in a heartbeat. He could handle the ball, pass and score.

Don't really remember the 90's teams so i will go with the 2 players from my memory and shocked no one mentioned one of them. First i would go with Adam Haluska, I remember his senior year it was down to him and Tucker from Wisc fighting for the scoring title in Big Ten. Second would be Matt Gatens, his senior year he was on fire, just wish he had a better supporting cast and got to the big dance.

I would say either BJ at the point or Gatens for some shooting and both would provide some much needed leadership which seems to be seriously lacking in this team right now.

1) Andre Woolridge - everything single thing this team needs in a point guard -- scoring, very good shooting, distribution, leadership. The current 3 guys have bits n pieces from time to time, he had it all, all the time.

2) McCausland, 96-97 shot 52.2% from 3!!

Magic Johnson said he was the toughest guy to play. I loved watching him play.

Ronnie Lester.

I honestly think we need a 2 guard that can just flat out score. My vote would be Adam haluska. He could score from anywhere and provides size and rebounding from the 2. If he had played 4 yrs at iowa he would be the number 2 scorer in iowa history.

Either Matt Gatens or Adam Haluska. We need a guy that can actually shoot in games in the worst way.

Jeff Horner played the 2 with Haluska so I don't get all comments about needing a 2 and then continuing to talk about Haluska. Henderson played the 1, Horner played the 2, and Haluska the 3.

Id bring back Horner before Haluska. Horner could score more ways than Adam and he shot prolly 45% from 3. Not saying Haluska can't torch it but Horner was more of an all around game.

Anybody who could actually shoot. Kingsbury, Mac, Horner or Gatens would all help this team a lot. Our problem with the backcourt hasn't been a lack of penetration ability. Gesell and Clemmons are both more than capable of penetrating the defense. The problem is that any time we kick it out to an open shooter, nothing good happens.