If we obsess over this game...l

BaryGarta

it makes us just like Nebraska fans. For me, I will kiss my kids, hug my wife, and know that tomorrow the sun will rise in the east. I for one will be thankful to have watched a competitive team that maybe didn't live up to OUR expectations. These kids who chose to wear the black and gold and bust their behinds week in and week out put more into this season than any of us posting did. We move on. We overcome. Winter is on its way and I am thankful that as of today I haven't had to shovel snow yet. Hope the Hawks win the bowl game and somehow find a way to end on a positive note. For those of us who weren't busting it during camp this year, we have a decision to make: Do we back the kids that carried our flag this season or do we burn the bridge and abandon them forever. AC, Ricky, and crew have one game left. Support or deny: The line in the sand is drawn here. The regular season is in the past. There is no amount of complaining that will change it. Are there adjustments that we as relatively uninformed fans would like to see? Maybe but immaterial. Choose your lot.

I don't understand how anyone could be upset to the point of tears; does this game directly effect you in any way? Does it change how much money you make, or effect if your job, or your ability to put food on the table for your family? No, so just take the good with the bad, the highs with the lows, and realize that there are more important things. 95% of the world would be glad to have the luxury of caring about and having the opportunity to watch college kids move a leather toy down a field made of fake grass.

it makes us just like Nebraska fans. For me, I will kiss my kids, hug my wife, and know that tomorrow the sun will rise in the east. I for one will be thankful to have watched a competitive team that maybe didn't live up to OUR expectations. These kids who chose to wear the black and gold and bust their behinds week in and week out put more into this season than any of us posting did. We move on. We overcome. Winter is on its way and I am thankful that as of today I haven't had to shovel snow yet. Hope the Hawks win the bowl game and somehow find a way to end on a positive note. For those of us who weren't busting it during camp this year, we have a decision to make: Do we back the kids that carried our flag this season or do we burn the bridge and abandon them forever. AC, Ricky, and crew have one game left. Support or deny: The line in the sand is drawn here. The regular season is in the past. There is no amount of complaining that will change it. Are there adjustments that we as relatively uninformed fans would like to see? Maybe but immaterial. Choose your lot.

Agree with you sir. But I may have to wait till tomorrow to hug the wife.:eek::rolleyes:

7-5 would feel better if the team was actually fun to watch ... I had fun at the MSU game, and a few sporadic moments in other games

You mean the Minnesota game, right?

I'm sorry, I'm still obsessing over the Wisconsin game.

And no, it really doesn't change my life; I just hate to see good talent wasted.

I agree to a point however this team did not "bust their behinds" today - that's what makes it so hard to watch. I love Iowa football and always will but I hate to see the lack of effort like I saw today.

I agree to a point however this team did not "bust their behinds" today - that's what makes it so hard to watch. I love Iowa football and always will but I hate to see the lack of effort like I saw today.

I agree, this is not the brand of football we have been used to seeing.

Look at it like this:

Lose to Arizona = no National Championship game.

Lose to Wisconsin = probably no BCS game.

Lose to Northwestern = no BCS game, probably no Big 10 title.

Lose to Ohio State = no Big 10 title, missed their shot at "statement game"

They lose to Minnesota because they are totally demoralized from the previous losses and have no motivation. Let's face it, win or lose to Minnesota and they probably end up in the same bowl game anyway.

Who below them is going to take the Champs Bowl from them; maybe PSU if JoePa announces his retirement this year.

I get that the bowl makes the decision, but Iowa travels well and more than likely they are still the pick.

Hopefully in a month they pull it together and beat a ranked SEC team.

Latest posts