If we finish in BXIV basement, will you panic?

I guess I'm not sure how to view it....

The good news is we are young so most of the roster has another year or two to continue to develop and we should have a lineup filled with experience.

The bad news is if talent is really the issue, we are going to have a lot of the same guys these next 2 years and what most say is missing is perimeter defense and a guard who can penetrate and I'm not looking at Weiskamp or CJ Frederick to fill those voids.

Seems like we're a young team 80% of the time.

These last 2 years we're young. The previous 2 years we weren't. The 4 years before that we were rebuilding. The next 2 years we will be veteran. Who knows after that.

These last 2 years we're young. The previous 2 years we weren't. The 4 years before that we were rebuilding. The next 2 years we will be veteran. Who knows after that.

Hey just think if we Fran can finally recruits a PG recruit will be only young at PG :cool::cool:

f36a927e91a5edbf36b6b32afdf8d4d8e971b9dc.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

yes, I will panic ...I don't think we will end up there as there are 15 more games, but it's hard to be optimistic and completely understand why many think that's where we will end up.

Hey just think if we Fran can finally recruits a PG recruit will be only young at PG :cool::cool:

Kinda. But we will have an established junior point guard. So we will either have a freshman backup, which doesn't really make you young, or a freshman starter that is an upgrade over what we have now. So either way, I don't think it will hold us back. Not like having 9 of your top 10 being underclassmen like we have now.

This team just doesn't have the IT factor AND Fran's teams have never really defended the 3 very well. Not sure why if it's the player, coaches or both. We will win a few games but we will finish in the bottom 3 most certainly. For whatever reason Fran can't get them connected defensively and NOW we can't connect offensively. So, Fran what are you doing to earn your continued fan loyalty and a UI paycheck? I'm not sure. I expected it to be a very rough year we could sink to a new low of ineptness however IF the program was re-built this level of inept bball shouldn't happen at Fran's tenure....it just shouldn't.

So, where do we go from here---well we go to next year and the year after that. Basketball, unlike football, should NOT take every 4th year to be successful. We've seen the high water mark from Fran and it's entry level NCAA every once in awhile. I like the man Fran I just don't think he's capable of giving us any more than we've seen in 8 seaons.

Really how hard is it to coach defense? Didn't these guys practice at all the past several months? Very real possibility that an Iowa high school all star-team would spank these guys. What a disgrace and embarrassment to Iowa basketball. Fran and his whole cast of flunkies ought to be embarrassed by this. No heart, no guts, no balls.

yes, I will panic ...I don't think we will end up there as there are 15 more games, but it's hard to be optimistic and completely understand why many think that's where we will end up.
Illinois at home is the only game we’ll possibly be favored in, add two more just for the hell of it, and we’d be 3 for the B1G. That’s definitely the basement in my opinion.

Which is cool with me because we’ll get a better spot in the draft next year.

Last edited:
Really how hard is it to coach defense? Didn't these guys practice at all the past several months? Very real possibility that an Iowa high school all star-team would spank these guys. What a disgrace and embarrassment to Iowa basketball. Fran and his whole cast of flunkies ought to be embarrassed by this. No heart, no guts, no balls.
Fran rolled his career dice on a bunch of recruits that aren’t working out and who were overhyped. This is what happens.

Illinois at home is the only game we’ll possibly be favored in, add two more just for the hell of it, and we’d be 3 for the B1G. That’s definitely the basement in my opinion.

Which is cool with me because we’ll get a better spot in the draft next year.
We don't play Illinois at home this season.

Latest posts