If we beat nebraska

The game won't be a showcase game very long if Ferentz and staff don't get the team turned around...and deservedly so.

Plus there is no chance of Iowa beting anyone on the road this year. They can barely beat anyone at home.

The game won't be a showcase game very long if Ferentz and staff don't get the team turned around...and deservedly so.

Plus there is no chance of Iowa beting anyone on the road this year. They can barely beat anyone at home.
It could finally showcase Martinez as a passer

If we beat NEB are we going to act the same way that minn, nd isu acts when they beat us. In other words does NEB view us the same way we view isu nd minn? Expecting to win at ease nd not worrying bout us.im afraid its going to be like that.
But hey if thats the case, itll be a rivalry game that iowa finally wakes up for and plays hard no matter the record.
I think everyone should just worry about Michigan and getting us Bowl Eligible, which would be a success in a rebuilding year such as this.

But..they do find ways to win at home.

My concern is that if the way things look with personnel this year and next, that the league will find a way to move Iowa out of that Friday after T'giving spot against Nebby. That is a showcase game, it has to be compelling and competitive.
I've been thinking the same thing. That game is not chiseled in stone, and it'll go to someone else if the Hawks keep spiraling downward.

Guys, if DoNU is in a position to go to Indy, and you guys stop that from happening, you bet that is huge.

If that happens, do me and yourselves a favor, don't act like clone fans, i.e., be classy and act like youve been there before, because you are better than that, I hope.

To answer your question - they see us as their replacement game for Iowa State. And the way it looks today... we will be their replacement for ISU, at least for a couple years.

42-13 score from 2000 is not out of realm of possibility

I think it's way too early in our 1st season in the B1G to really know what to think. Having grown up in Iowa I know that the Hawks can be a dangerous team when they aren't shooting themselves in the foot. Furthermore with how bipolar we've been this year as a team.................I'm not going to come out and say we'll be a one loss team at the end of the regular season. I have no idea what to think and just because we beat MSU doesn't mean I'm going to start thinking that we are the second coming of Christ.

Beat Nebraska? A team that can't even win an away game? A team that lost to the worst team in the B10 two years in a row? A team that has one of the worst D's in the country?
Get serious

....it'll be because of our running game and a couple plays made on defense. I have no faith in Vandenberg leading the team on the road.

Latest posts