If the Colts win the Super Bowl this year...

Peyton Manning is just fun to watch. The way he can pick apart a defense is insane. People knock on him for not winning super bowls. Well he started his career coming up in an organization that was not very good to say the least. He has one ring so far, and if he can get another one then I think he goes right up with the elite (i actually think he's up there already). Tough to call any one qb the greatest of all time. So many greats out there who have already played and got theirs, not to mention Tom Brady is still young and playing and could get another ring or two.

No.

Look back and compare to other qbs. Being the guy who orchestrates the team to victory has to count pretty big ( not all have had all the talent surrounding them ).

Otto Graham, 10 championship games, 4 time champ.

Joe Montana...3 Super Bowl victories.

Terry Bradshaw.. 4 Super Bowl victories.

Bart Starr.... 5 NFL championships, 2 Super Bowl victories.

Then, look at the many others who achieved, Unitas, Namath, Staubach, Tarkenton, Aikman, Elway, Warner, Young, Luckman, Layne.....really, you can make a case for many of the them and use whatever stats you wish to support one and discount others, but if it comes down to winning, isnt that the the real indicator of excellence?

Manning probably isn't the best QB of his era. A guy named Brady is pretty good. Lets not forget...without Bob Sanders, Manning still doesn't have a ring. We'll see what he does this postseason without the Hitman.

He doesn't need to win the Super Bowl and he is the best qb of all-time. Tom Brady would not be considered any better than Matt Schaub on another team. Look at what Matt Cassel did with that offense.

NFL quarterbacks typically end up being a product of the team they get put on...Tom Brady got dealt a good hand...Joey Harrington got dealt a bad one. Peyton Manning is one exception...he actually got dealt a pretty bad hand and turned it into the premier franchise in the NFL. You can debate that the Patriots or maybe the Steelers are currently the premier franchise if you'd like...but it would be foolish to not consider the Colts in contention for that title.

Manning probably isn't the best QB of his era. A guy named Brady is pretty good. Lets not forget...without Bob Sanders, Manning still doesn't have a ring. We'll see what he does this postseason without the Hitman.

True, but without Manning, the Colts still suck.

I don't think any other QB is more responsible for his team's success. The way Payton manages a game he is basically an OC on the field. Also the Colts Oline is subpar and they basically have no running game to speak of. I think he is already the best and I am a Dolphins fan who idolized Marino growing up. I also happen to think that Polian is an excellent GM. The Colts draft well and they draft character. It is tough not to admire them.

Latest posts