If Terrelle Pryor goes pro. . .

Ohio State has been 32-6 in Pryor's years as a starter, and one of those losses was against USC when he was a freshman and we was inserted in the middle of the game after SC had a big lead.

He has led the Buckeyes to 3 Big Ten championships, 3 BCS bowl games, a Rose Bowl victory (where he was named MVP), and still has the Sugar Bowl left to play.

Yep, pretty ****** resume there.

Should be end of thread after this. But something tells me that won't be the case.

I guess you could argue that Pryor didn't live up to expectations that other people placed on him coming out of high school. But how many people actually live up to that billing? I think it would make more sense to call out the people who are making absurd predictions about a kid when he is a senior in high school.
I think Pryor had a pretty good career and was rather instrumental in the two losses we had against O$U. I'm not saying he beat us single handedly, but he definitely had an impact on the outcome. The fact that I don't really care for him isn't relevant.

And I agree that he has no future in the NFL.

Pryor and Posey are telling people privately they will return to OSU, Adams is leaning toward returning and Boom is leaving. That can all change by Jan. 15th but as of now that's their plan. It sounds good now but I'll believe it when the date to declare for the draft passes...

He's an excellent athlete, and a so-so passer. Michael Vick has become a better passer, maybe Pryor can become that, too. But he'll need to be more than an excellent athlete to have an NFL career, as a quarterback.

Actually, I AM saying that Tressel should bench him for six games - starting with the Sugar.

I also think that Pryor (and most, if not all of the others) will go pro and not have to deal with the suspensions. Hey, why sit when you can make major buckage off of good careers and the 'cachet' of playing in Columbus?

Put it this way - KF could have said that A-Rob would be suspended for the preseason in 2011, but would play for the Insight. Instead, he made a decision - the right one for the players and the right one for the program. Tressel should make the same type of decision.

I think they should be suspended for the sugar and that's it. those 5 games that the ncaa gave were way to much.

Ohio State has been 32-6 in Pryor's years as a starter, and one of those losses was against USC when he was a freshman and we was inserted in the middle of the game after SC had a big lead.

Well that wouldn't be a start now, would it?

What a stupid thread.

No, he's not a bust. You cannot judge a guy based on what you think he should do, but on what he has done. He has won three league titles and a Rose Bowl (so far). That's not a bust.

The only thing that could possibly make someone call him a bust is hate, since he single handedly evicerated our defense and beat us at home a month ago. Didn't look like much of a bust against that top 10 defense then.

Considering that Craig Krenzel "led" Ohio State to a national championship, I think you may want to redefine your standards for a great QB.

Do you qualify Vince Young as a bust in the NFL? If so, then Pryor is a bust at this point. Similar, square-shaped talents being forced into circular holes. Pryor racks up wins because of the immense talent around him as much as anything else, just like Stanzi has. He has NOT been the player that he was hyped up to be. He was expected to be the next Vince Young. Has Pryor come ANYWHERE close to that level, outside of ONE game? Biggest disappointment of a career since Maurice Clarett.

What does Vince Young's NFL career have to do with Pryor's college career???

3 straight big ten titles and a rose bowl W....yeah, what a disaster

This thread is dumb

What does Vince Young's NFL career have to do with Pryor's college career???

3 straight big ten titles and a rose bowl W....yeah, what a disaster

This thread is dumb

I was just comparing the situations. They have very similar skill sets, and are both forced into offensive schemes that don't really suit their talents. Pryor has come nowhere near the expectations of him coming out of high school. Young has come nowhere near the expectations of him coming out of college.

What a stupid thread.

No, he's not a bust. You cannot judge a guy based on what you think he should do, but on what he has done. He has won three league titles and a Rose Bowl (so far). That's not a bust.

The only thing that could possibly make someone call him a bust is hate, since he single handedly evicerated our defense and beat us at home a month ago. Didn't look like much of a bust against that top 10 defense then.

What, exactly, has Pryor done in his time at Ohio State? Forget the 32-6 record as a starter. Ohio State was winning like that long before Terrelle Pryor was even born, and they'll continue to win like that when he's gone. That's a byproduct of the kind of talent and depth that they have at every position. What has Pryor done to warrant the hype? He's played one game where he looked like THAT player. He's shown himself to have that ability, and yet it has only fully manifested itself for one game. Outside of that, he hasn't really done that much, certainly nothing spectacular. For as much as was expected of him, both from fans and all the schools that recruited him, he's not been a rousing success story.

And Pryor made the play when he needed to against us. But he didn't exactly shred us through the air: 18-33 (54%), 195 yards (5.9 ypa), 1 TD and 2 INT's. But he didn't dominate. That's been the story of his career.

I was just comparing the situations. They have very similar skill sets, and are both forced into offensive schemes that don't really suit their talents. Pryor has come nowhere near the expectations of him coming out of high school. Young has come nowhere near the expectations of him coming out of college.

What, exactly, has Pryor done in his time at Ohio State? Forget the 32-6 record as a starter. Ohio State was winning like that long before Terrelle Pryor was even born, and they'll continue to win like that when he's gone. That's a byproduct of the kind of talent and depth that they have at every position. What has Pryor done to warrant the hype? He's played one game where he looked like THAT player. He's shown himself to have that ability, and yet it has only fully manifested itself for one game. Outside of that, he hasn't really done that much, certainly nothing spectacular. For as much as was expected of him, both from fans and all the schools that recruited him, he's not been a rousing success story.

And Pryor made the play when he needed to against us. But he didn't exactly shred us through the air: 18-33 (54%), 195 yards (5.9 ypa), 1 TD and 2 INT's. But he didn't dominate. That's been the story of his career.

Remember Justin Zwick? It is possible to lose at OSU. And remember, he plays for Tress. Not exactly a Mike Leach offense. He did what was asked of him.

Remember Justin Zwick? It is possible to lose at OSU. And remember, he plays for Tress. Not exactly a Mike Leach offense. He did what was asked of him.

It's possible to lose at OSU, sure. Zwick and Troy Smith split duties in a 8-4 season (hardly a terrible year, and they had a down year in talent overall that year). But Krenzel had a 24-3 record as the Buckeyes' starter. And I've never heard of people calling Krenzel a great quarterback. Ohio State has had a lot of quarterbacks who were above average, but not great, and they still won a ton of games.

All I'm saying is you can't look at Pryor's record and say that's why he isn't a bust. Maybe he really isn't. But his record is not the ace in the hole statistic that proves that.

P.S.- he chose to go to OSU. He chose a system that doesn't fit his talents. That doesn't mean that he hasn't been a disappointment. It just puts some of the blame for that fact on his shoulders.

I wouldn't say the last QB to lead the Hawkeyes to a Rose Bowl is a Hawkeye legend. I honestly had to look it up to see who it was, and I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable Hawkeye fan (though I am quite young). I'm willing to bet 90% of Hawk fans under 30 would probably have to look it up.

Regardless, I am not saying Pryor has not played well in his career. He has. However, I don't think anyone can say Pryor has played nearly as well as he was hyped. I realize that isn't necessarily his fault, but his play has disappointed consistently.

I'm under 30, and didn't have to look up that it was Matt Rogers.

I don't think so. I think the expectations of Pryor coming out of high school were on the extreme side. Has has done a good job leading the program. I don't think he has been the college player that many expected but he is still a solid qb so to label him one of the biggest disappointments might be going too far.

I don't think Pryor will turn pro. He could definitely use another year in college. I am not real convinced Pryor is going to have much of an NFL career. His passing skills will need to improve in order for him to make it.

Last edited:
Ok, let me be a little bit more clear. I am not saying Pryor hasn't had a good career. He has played well. I am not saying he is a bust. He clearly is not. Blake Larsen was a bust, TP is not. I am saying that, compared to 8 or 10 other players that have been hyped to the same level or higher in the last decade or so, Pryor has had the most disappointing career. Here are the people I would compare him to as far as hype out of high school:

Vince Young
Ernie Sims
Adrian Peterson
Derrick Williams
Percy Harvin
Jimmy Clausen
Bryce Brown

Ryan Perriloux was also an incredible disappointment, but I'm not sure he was hyped to the same level as these other guys were.

he has been dominate in college pro's will present challenges that he has not had to overcome in college. Don't see him doing so hot at the next level

he has been dominate in college pro's will present challenges that he has not had to overcome in college. Don't see him doing so hot at the next level

What player have you been watching? He was "dominant" againt weak OOC opponents, and dominant (seriously) against Oregon. Other than that, he has not been a dominant player. Cam Newton is the player that Pryor was supposed to be. Now tell me, in what way has Pryor consistently performed the way Newton does?