If Terrelle Pryor goes pro. . .

thejumper5

Has he had the most disappointing college football career in recent memory? He was so hyped and hasn't really developed to the point many thought he would. If you look at Rivals' #1 overall players each year since 2002, only Pryor has consistently been a disappointment on and off the field at the college level. Bryce Brown has potential to be a bigger bust, but he still has three years at K-State to turn himself around. I'm not saying he isn't a very good player, just that he always seemed to leave everyone wanting more, thinking, "there has to be more to this guy." Thoughts?

The guy did win a Rose Bowl which doesn't happen often for a B10 team so he deserves a ton of credit for that.

However he was expected to be a dominating player and he isn't. Very good certainly but not a guy like Young, Vick, or Tebow who not only were great individual players but made their teams great too.

Has he had the most disappointing college football career in recent memory? He was so hyped and hasn't really developed to the point many thought he would. If you look at Rivals' #1 overall players each year since 2002, only Pryor has consistently been a disappointment on and off the field at the college level. Bryce Brown has potential to be a bigger bust, but he still has three years at K-State to turn himself around. I'm not saying he isn't a very good player, just that he always seemed to leave everyone wanting more, thinking, "there has to be more to this guy." Thoughts?
Geez. he led them to back to back BCS games man.

Geez. he led them to back to back BCS games man.

He actually led them to three BCS games in a row; however, the two QBs that immediately preceded him at OSU led the Buckeyes to the national title game. You could reason from that fact that he has been a let down, comparatively.

...you'll never hear from him again, unless a team loses both a starter and a back up at QB.
Under those circumstances, ToiletPaper might be signed off someone's practice squad as an insurance policy behind the likes of Brody Croyle or David Carr.

The NCAA is a @#$&ing joke! They are going to suspend Terrelle & Cam after the bowl seasons, when they are in the pros. Might as well, our society is pathetic in so many ways...

The dumbing of America continues...

My biggest problem is with Tressel.

If he's the coach the Buckeye faithful say he is, he wont' let them play.

Yeah, watch THAT happen! ;p

SBJ

I wouldn't say TP "led" them to anything, rather, he "managed the offense" and helped guide them to all those juicy bowl games.

It's absoultely ridiculous to call this kid a bust. The last guy to lead us to a Rose Bowl (never mind the winning part) is still a Hawkeye legend.

It's absoultely ridiculous to call this kid a bust. The last guy to lead us to a Rose Bowl (never mind the winning part) is still a Hawkeye legend.

I wouldn't say the last QB to lead the Hawkeyes to a Rose Bowl is a Hawkeye legend. I honestly had to look it up to see who it was, and I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable Hawkeye fan (though I am quite young). I'm willing to bet 90% of Hawk fans under 30 would probably have to look it up.

Regardless, I am not saying Pryor has not played well in his career. He has. However, I don't think anyone can say Pryor has played nearly as well as he was hyped. I realize that isn't necessarily his fault, but his play has disappointed consistently.

Considering that Craig Krenzel "led" Ohio State to a national championship, I think you may want to redefine your standards for a great QB.

Do you qualify Vince Young as a bust in the NFL? If so, then Pryor is a bust at this point. Similar, square-shaped talents being forced into circular holes. Pryor racks up wins because of the immense talent around him as much as anything else, just like Stanzi has. He has NOT been the player that he was hyped up to be. He was expected to be the next Vince Young. Has Pryor come ANYWHERE close to that level, outside of ONE game? Biggest disappointment of a career since Maurice Clarett.

I wouldn't say the last QB to lead the Hawkeyes to a Rose Bowl is a Hawkeye legend. I honestly had to look it up to see who it was, and I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable Hawkeye fan (though I am quite young). I'm willing to bet 90% of Hawk fans under 30 would probably have to look it up.

Regardless, I am not saying Pryor has not played well in his career. He has. However, I don't think anyone can say Pryor has played nearly as well as he was hyped. I realize that isn't necessarily his fault, but his play has disappointed consistently.

Ok, so I'm offically a dumba$$. LOL! I'm blaming it on eggnog. Was thinking of Chuck Long. Sort of forgot about that whole 1991 appearance (nevermind I was in school here at the time!). Carry on without me folks.

Ohio State has been 32-6 in Pryor's years as a starter, and one of those losses was against USC when he was a freshman and we was inserted in the middle of the game after SC had a big lead.

He has led the Buckeyes to 3 Big Ten championships, 3 BCS bowl games, a Rose Bowl victory (where he was named MVP), and still has the Sugar Bowl left to play.

Yep, pretty ****** resume there.

Actually, I AM saying that Tressel should bench him for six games - starting with the Sugar.

I also think that Pryor (and most, if not all of the others) will go pro and not have to deal with the suspensions. Hey, why sit when you can make major buckage off of good careers and the 'cachet' of playing in Columbus?

Put it this way - KF could have said that A-Rob would be suspended for the preseason in 2011, but would play for the Insight. Instead, he made a decision - the right one for the players and the right one for the program. Tressel should make the same type of decision.

Ohio State has been 32-6 in Pryor's years as a starter, and one of those losses was against USC when he was a freshman and we was inserted in the middle of the game after SC had a big lead.

He has led the Buckeyes to 3 Big Ten championships, 3 BCS bowl games, a Rose Bowl victory (where he was named MVP), and still has the Sugar Bowl left to play.

Yep, pretty ****** resume there.

He has only looked like the player he was supposed to be for ONE game. Ohio State won a national championship with CRAIG KRENZEL playing quarterback, so don't look at the wins and say that Pryor isn't a bust because of them. They've won more with average (at best) athletes and quarterbacks at the position than they ever have with Pryor. He was supposed to be the second coming of Vince Young. The only player to accomplish that feat is playing for the title on January 10. Notice how those players carry their teams to national title game appearances (I also think that Auburn wins)? Pryor couldn't carry this team over an entire season the way Young or Newton did/is.

And since that's what he was hyped up to be, he qualifies as a bust at this point. Kind of like Gallery: epic fail at LT in the NFL. He's a very good guard, but he was still a bust. You don't draft guards with the #2 pick.

Actually I think he shouldn't have been suspended at all, and neither should the other four players.
I also think that Pryor will be a first round draft pick in this season's draft. He needs coaching up, but he has such and elite set of skills that some team will fall in love with him.
If Locker was considered and still is considered one of the top QBs in this draft- Pryor does everything he does and better, is actually a better decision maker on the field and has a better arm.