If not TCU, then who?

ibahawkeye

It seems there are some that don't agree with the Big 12 decision to bring in TCU. It makes me ask the question who do you think they should have added?

TCU in it itself is not a big deal, if it's part of the process of getting to 12 or 14 teams then it's a big deal. Either way it signifies that the B12 is at least making an effort to try to stay alive.

I didn't think there were a lot of otpions out there but yet Hawkeye fans still dogging on the Big 12 for their addition in the other threads.

I guess that's just Hawk fans being hawk fans.

I didn't think there were a lot of otpions out there but yet Hawkeye fans still dogging on the Big 12 for their addition in the other threads.

Not really, Just because they got (maybe) the best of what's available doesn't mean it adds anything. It doesn't even replace what they lost. I think it really just shows that there isn't a whole lot of value that can be added to the big 12. Like someone said in the other thread, they just added the 4th or 5th biggest school in the state of Texas. Sure they've had success recently but do they bring $$$$ to the table?

Trying to grab one of the Arizona schools would have been a better grab. Would either leave the Pac 12 probably not.

Not really, Just because they got (maybe) the best of what's available doesn't mean it adds anything. It doesn't even replace what they lost. I think it really just shows that there isn't a whole lot of value that can be added to the big 12. Like someone said in the other thread, they just added the 4th or 5th biggest school in the state of Texas. Sure they've had success recently but do they bring $$$$ to the table?

What's done is done and in what they lost is in the past. At this point I think they made a good move. They added possibly the best team available and posistion themselves to stick around longer. I think it was a lot better move than just staying put and watching the conference dissolve.

The Big12 does not deserve to be dogged about adding TCU. They deserve to be dogged for getting themselves in a position that required them to make this move.

And it's not over yet. Who is going to replace Missouri? How about replacing OU and OSU when the Pac12 changes their mind in a couple of years?

What's done is done and in what they lost is in the past. At this point I think they made a good move. They added possibly the best team available and posistion themselves to stick around longer. I think it was a lot better move than just staying put and watching the conference dissolve.

Can't disagree with that.

West Virginia and Louisville would be next.

2 Divisions.

ISU, KSU, KU, WVU, Louisville, Mizzou

Texas, TCU, OU, OSU, Tech, Baylor

If Mizzou leaves they just pull in Louisville and do a 10 team conference..

Big East was dead the minute Pitt and Syracuse left. They never have had a
football power school in recent years in that conference once the Big 12 held
together it was a matter of time for them.

Last edited:

Latest posts