If JBo has another chance to break Chris Streets consecutive FT record...

I

Ian Pike Hammer

should he do it this time? He gave proper respect last time. I really think Chris Street's parents would be ok with it. What are your thoughts?

To me yeah it's situational on the game. I don't think he'd risk losing a big game over it. And I won't say this as gospel or anything but I have a feeling Streets parents would be more then ok with JBo doing it. They seem so happy with just the gesture of him (and Fran and the team) remembering Chris like they have. I mean holy smokes that was back in 93 that happened wasn't it? For these current players to know about Street and keep his memory going means everything to their parents I'm sure. I'm just happy they still come to games and are apart of the program how they are. I have a feeling JBo and them haven't had their last hug by any means. How cool would it be if they were a part of senior day in some way? I dunno if there's a classy way to make that happen or not I'm just spit balling here. But anything that helps with making the Streets smile and be a part of the program I'd be all about it.

I just thought of this but to bring things a little more full circle and I'm not rooting against JBo when I say this but what if Kris Murray who Kenyon named him after ended up breaking it? To think Kenyons son who is also 6'8 like Street was is playing for Iowa and everything is pretty cool. Kenyon is a great guy having his boys in the program is awesome

Last edited:
I think JBo will play less minutes this year and will shoot less ft's, so we'll see. We have a lot of really good guards and the minutes will be spread a bit, especially if we need more defensive pressure in the game.

JBo is a sharpshooter. Best FT shooter to ever wear an Iowa uniform. But I'll bet he will intentionally miss a FT to keep the record in Street's name. Again, you have to remember that JBo can put the ball wherever he wants to so I suspect he intentionally clank the back of the iron and as soon as the ball hits he will jump from the FT line and dunk the miss. It's giving up one point to get 2. It will be a highlight reel play.

I think JBo will play less minutes this year and will shoot less ft's, so we'll see. We have a lot of really good guards and the minutes will be spread a bit, especially if we need more defensive pressure in the game.
JBo generally shoots most of his free throws late in games. He is also a known clutch end of game three point shooter. He may play less minutes but he will be out there for many important minutes. We will still give up a bit on the defensive end if he is put in position to stop penetration.

To me yeah it's situational on the game. I don't think he'd risk losing a big game over it. And I won't say this as gospel or anything but I have a feeling Streets parents would be more then ok with JBo doing it. They seem so happy with just the gesture of him (and Fran and the team) remembering Chris like they have. I mean holy smokes that was back in 93 that happened wasn't it? For these current players to know about Street and keep his memory going means everything to their parents I'm sure. I'm just happy they still come to games and are apart of the program how they are. I have a feeling JBo and them haven't had their last hug by any means. How cool would it be if they were a part of senior day in some way? I dunno if there's a classy way to make that happen or not I'm just spit balling here. But anything that helps with making the Streets smile and be a part of the program I'd be all about it.

I just thought of this but to bring things a little more full circle and I'm not rooting against JBo when I say this but what if Kris Murray who Kenyon named him after ended up breaking it? To think Kenyons son who is also 6'8 like Street was is playing for Iowa and everything is pretty cool. Kenyon is a great guy having his boys in the program is awesome
I got a feeling Mike and Patty Street wouldn't have had an issue with him breaking it the first time. But they definitely appreciated it when he didn't.

Its good that the modern Hawkeyes revere his legacy. He was a hell of a player and would have really exploded his final year after Acie Earl and others graduated. I remember Cnristian Laettner more or less hip tossing him first chance he got in one of the 562 postseason meetings we've had with Duke. Street was in his face faster than a rattlesnake and the officials had to separate them. This was less than a minute into the game.

I got a feeling Mike and Patty Street wouldn't have had an issue with him breaking it the first time. But they definitely appreciated it when he didn't.

Its good that the modern Hawkeyes revere his legacy. He was a hell of a player and would have really exploded his final year after Acie Earl and others graduated. I remember Cnristian Laettner more or less hip tossing him first chance he got in one of the 562 postseason meetings we've had with Duke. Street was in his face faster than a rattlesnake and the officials had to separate them. This was less than a minute into the game.
F Christian Laettner and every jerkoff who had that same haircut back then.

Oh yeah there was no back down from Chris. Laettner was a little bigger then him but there'd have been no backing down from our guys. Earl was far from soft either. God I hated Duke... Fn hated em pretty much because we couldn't get over that hump and ever beat em. (neither could hardly anyone else) We did beat the Fab 5 once though maybe twice. I know we did once for sure in Carver.

After the game at Duke

Bobby Hurley was pissed

Mentioned that the Hawks were one of the dirtiest teams he had ever played

The Hawks fought hard and didn't let the mystique of Cameron faze them

Might have been Chris Street's last game

Wikipedia:

In his final game, he scored 14 points and collected 8 rebounds and extended his record of made free throws to 34, in a 65-56 loss to Duke. In that game, his 33rd and 34th consecutive free throws set an Iowa school record.

I will never forget my Ex calling me at giving me the news

:cool:

After the game at Duke

Bobby Hurley was pissed

Mentioned that the Hawks were one of the dirtiest teams he had ever played

The Hawks fought hard and didn't let the mystique of Cameron faze them

Might have been Chris Street's last game

Wikipedia:

In his final game, he scored 14 points and collected 8 rebounds and extended his record of made free throws to 34, in a 65-56 loss to Duke. In that game, his 33rd and 34th consecutive free throws set an Iowa school record.

I will never forget my Ex calling me at giving me the news

:cool:
Hurley needs to stop throwing stones when he lives in a glass house.

Hurley used to work out with John Stockton over the summer and Stockton taught him all the tricks.

Laettner was far from an angel himself, once stomped on the chest of Kentucky's Gimel Martinez after Martinez had "accidentally" been knocked to the floor.

Duke under Coach K has always gotten away with hand contact and general guerilla warfare. K learned from his master Bobby Knight.

Latest posts