If Iowa woud have beaten ISU and

Possibly, but I think Michigan State would have been hurt most. Id doubt the Outback would turn away 9-3 Iowa for Michigan State. MSU would have fallen probably to the Insight, with 6-6 Ohio State going to the Gator with that matchup against Florida.

Yeah...and everyone would have a much better attitude around here.

So we shouldn't care about losing those games? Regardless of the Bowl outcome, those games probably negated any chance of reaching the top 25 even with a bowl win. To act like it doesn't matter because of the bowl bid doesn't make any sense.

Short answer....yes. We would not have jumped MSU, since they beat us.

Bottom line: If we beat MN and ISU and lose to Oklahoma, everybody on this board complains. If we beat Oklahoma after losing to MN and ISU, everybody still complains. You can't win on this board unless you go 13-0 and win the National Championship. It is the most unrealistic set of Iowa fans imaginable....although I think about 80% of the posts on this "free" board now are college students or trolls who are not really Iowa fans....so who really cares

Like in 2005 when we went to the Outback and Michigan went to the Alamo Bowl even though they beat us in Kinnick?

Head to head outcomes mean nothing when it comes time for bowl selections.

I'm not saying necessarily that we would have jumped MSU, but the fact that they beat us head-to-head wouldn't have been the deciding factor if we didn't jump them.

Yes if we were 9-3 we would of jumped michigan state no question, the fact they beat us would of meant nothing if they had same record as us, people not paying attention if you disagree.

Bottom line: If we beat MN and ISU and lose to Oklahoma, everybody on this board complains. If we beat Oklahoma after losing to MN and ISU, everybody still complains. You can't win on this board unless you go 13-0 and win the National Championship. It is the most unrealistic set of Iowa fans imaginable....although I think about 80% of the posts on this "free" board now are college students or trolls who are not really Iowa fans....so who really cares

14-0, bud.

Chaddeus

yay. I'm not everyone. if we beat MN and ISU but lose to OU I wouldn't complain. disappoint in the loss, but the season would have been a success. OU was #1 in the preseason.

I thought the league put a rule in that divsion winners could not drop lower than the Outback? They would have had to make the Outback,and a 9-3 Iowa would not have jumped Neb. to the Capitol One Bowl.

Agree

Bottom line: If we beat MN and ISU and lose to Oklahoma, everybody on this board complains. If we beat Oklahoma after losing to MN and ISU, everybody still complains. You can't win on this board unless you go 13-0 and win the National Championship. It is the most unrealistic set of Iowa fans imaginable....

Wrong. It's not simply the number of Ws and Ls...it's the "how". Getting beat by Oklahoma in a bowl is hardly an embarrasment...they're a top program. And a win over them would be a great victory.

But losing to Minnesota 2 years in a row is embarrasing...going 7-5 in 2010 (a dropped ball away from 6-6) with a roster full of NFL talent...inexcusable. Just like the gutless kneel downs...the horrible clock management... the "we weren't ready" mantra that's become more frequent... etc etc. It's not the number of losses....it's the HOW. How many times does that need to be said?

And though there are a lot of trolls here... I'd suggest that much of the "noise" comes from people very knowledgeable and passionate about IOWA football. And they're damn frustrated watching a guy making $3M/yr repeat the same painfully obvious patterns...over....and over....and over.

I for one care less about the losses to lames and goofies and would take the win over the Sooners....Its all about the bowl games in college football....Thats the money maker and we do really well in the big money games......

Latest posts