If Iowa played in the NCAA tourney RIGHT NOW ...

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date

How many games would we win? (6 wins means you are National Champion)

• 0, knocked out in first game by lower seed.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 1, one and done

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 2, Sweet 16. I think this is the minimun expect for Fran to keep his head (and o ther parts!)

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • 3, Elite Eight

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 4, Final Four

• 5, Title game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6, Natty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’re playing 11 guys and going with the guys playing well that particular game. I like this open minded approach to each individual game.

We aren’t playing our best basketball right now. I’m not overly concerned as long as we compete...will win most games playing well if not our best.

I want to peak the last 3 weeks of March...into April?

If you think Fran's job is on the hot seat if he doesn't make the S16 you're fuckin' mental.
Come on Fry this is IOWA and a bunch of prep and frat boys are making the decisions. It’s all about $$$$$, and the BTN has made it so the conference teams will always get a boat load of cash. The BTN was the worst thing that ever happened to Iowa athletics. It helped out beyond measure many of the other teams in our conference. Without all that cash fledgling programs would still be struggling and have ancient facilities. It more evened the playing field for some of them. kirt frens owes his endless Iowa career to the BTN.

It was a totally different situation for Hayden. If you didn’t put a good product on the field then no TV time and no TV revenue from ESPN and other networks. Back then 6 wins wouldn’t get you a lot of air time. I say SIX instead of SEVEN because Iowa didn’ t always play 12 games a season. Also, Rutgers, Maryland, and even Nebby are not exactly power house programs that you can proudly boast about when talking about kerp’s win totals.

It appears that any Iowa couch with a pulse has the best college coach security in all of the Power Five conferences. Hayden brought the Iowa program from the depths of hell to where it was considered the third or fourth best team in the conference. That was back when Ohio State and Michigan were considered perineal powers.

So no I don’t think Frans on any hot seat. There is no hot seat at Iowa.

well enjoy the bus ride back to Iowa City.

That stretch between Indy and IC in March is just awful. You take 74 all the way until the Quad Cities and the drive across central Illinois just completely sucks ass. Danville, Champaign, Bloomington, Peoria, Galesburg. Yuck. The only good things on that stretch are the Mt. Joy exit and the Iowa 80 truck stop in Walcott. I can't imagine that bus ride if Iowa loses to some team like Binghamton or something. Ugh.

That stretch between Indy and IC in March is just awful. You take 74 all the way until the Quad Cities and the drive across central Illinois just completely sucks ass. Danville, Champaign, Bloomington, Peoria, Galesburg. Yuck. The only good things on that stretch are the Mt. Joy exit and the Iowa 80 truck stop in Walcott. I can't imagine that bus ride if Iowa loses to some team like Binghamton or something. Ugh.
I do know for a fact that the basketball team flies to Champaign when they play Illinois there, so I'd have to imagine they fly to Bloomington.

I do know for a fact that the basketball team flies to Champaign when they play Illinois there, so I'd have to imagine they fly to Bloomington.

Budget restraints because of covid I would assume there are a few more bus trips. Like to Champaign, Madison, Indianapolis, Evanston,etc.

I respectfully will tell you he is not slumping. He simply cannot or is not athletic enough to get his shot off.
That's where you're wrong. When he's feeling it, there is no one that can stop him from getting his shot off. The problem is, he's not confident enough in his shot right now to attempt those shots. And he's right to not be attempting them right now.

I would think Huston just played its way out of any chance to get a 2 seed. Should be one less team we are competing against.

I went with Elite 8. How the Hawks are playing at this very moment is irrelevant. Think back just a short while ago when they were hitting on all cylinders, there was not a team in the country they can't play with when they play like that. To think they'd play that way clear to the final four wasn't going to happen.

It's a long season, every team goes through ups and downs. This TEAM is getting better, despite some of the starters not playing up to their potential right now. The reserves are getting lots of minutes at critical times gaining valuable experience and this is going to pay HUGE dividends. I saw some awesome talent out there on the floor, while 4 starters watched from the bench, taking it to a MI ST team that was playing way above what they have been. Watch for them to start putting up some Ws.

Iowa has the best player in the country! Not expecting to say that again in my lifetime. We have the most talent since Roy, BJ, Eddie and company. Things are due to fall into place and they are gonna peak at the end of the season. So get ready to go nuts Hawk fans!

That's where you're wrong. When he's feeling it, there is no one that can stop him from getting his shot off. The problem is, he's not confident enough in his shot right now to attempt those shots. And he's right to not be attempting them right now.
I think that might be true. As possible proof, he didn't launch, but dished to Garza late on the shot clock that resulted in a shot-clock violation.

Elite 8. Anything less would be a letdown. But our shooters need to get their heads in the game.

Elite 8. Anything less would be a letdown. But our shooters need to get their heads in the game.
Nothing like good healthy competition on the roster... The bench playing well is a good thing. It’s rest and motivation for the starters.

Latest posts