If I had my wish...

Sounds good...but forget the porta potties. Let's have some real bathrooms. The plumbing is already there on the hospital lot and we can wash our hands in real sinks.

Will AC/DC be there in person to sing back in black as the team comes in?

No real bathrooms, I don't want to get sued when a bunch of Feldman-esque incidents go down. No live AC/DC either because they are way too old. Maybe I'll have a hologram of them when they were younger made. Perhaps Elvis, too.

Not that any of the Stoops would come to Iowa, the topic in general is interesting when you consider many programs that are reaching new levels in a short amount of time ... Oregon was non existent 20 years ago when I lived there. Taking in a game there was like going to a local JC game... Okie State, Baylor ... Kentucky ... Missouri ... new levels of excitement (not talking Paul Rhoads excitement; talking someone who can actually coach)... It can be done. And so when that day comes when we are searching for a new head coach I do hope we can bring in someone who can inject the program with some real excitement ... something that has been missing from Iowa since 2003 or so ...

Not that any of the Stoops would come to Iowa, the topic in general is interesting when you consider many programs that are reaching new levels in a short amount of time ... Oregon was non existent 20 years ago when I lived there. Taking in a game there was like going to a local JC game... Okie State, Baylor ... Kentucky ... Missouri ... new levels of excitement (not talking Paul Rhoads excitement; talking someone who can actually coach)... It can be done. And so when that day comes when we are searching for a new head coach I do hope we can bring in someone who can inject the program with some real excitement ... something that has been missing from Iowa since 2003 or so ...

My point exactly!! I'm not saying Stoops would even come to Iowa at this point after seeing what he has going on at KY. I heard several top recruits that were at the game Saturday evening committed. He is getting it done there and my point is if you have a guy that shows energy and ledership and plays that style and carries that kind of enthusiasm, kids will come. He's had 2 top 20 recruiting classes at KENTUCKY :mad: the last two years. They have had a history of not filling 50,000 seat Commonwealth Stadium over the years.

Lexington is a great town. Iowa City is also a great town..

Haven't you heard? Iowa is the only program in the nation where it's not possible to win. Every single other D1 program has more resources, facilities, tradition, better fans, etc. than does Iowa. No good coach would EVER take this job. So be happy with those 7-5 seasons, because it's the best Iowa can do.

^^^ Sarcasm. I don't buy any of that for a minute. No, it's not "easy" to win at Iowa, but the excuses flow thick.

And if the midwest is losing a lot of its talent to the SEC, then maybe conferences like the Big Ten should look into WHY that is happening.

I'd wish for a trillion dollars, tax free, and then use just the interest alone off that money to make Iowa better than everyone at football. I mean, on a trillion dollars, even if I just got 4% interest, I'd make $40 billion a year and then I'd use liek half of that on Iowa football. When Iowa went to recruit guys, they'd fly to the new O'Keefe Airfield in IC and then take a Chinook helicopter for their tour of the city and be greeted by a gaggle of comfort girls handpicked by yours truly, flown in from all corners of the earth. I'd also build the hospital out past Finkbine and build a 200 mph mag lev train between campus and the hospital that ran every 3 minutes. I'd tear down the hospital and build the most epic tailgating palace ever, where everyone who was over 21 was handed a 3 foot tower of beer upon entry and there'd be bikini contests and rib eating contests and beer chugging contests. And there'd be a Jon Miller stage where he did 90 minutes of chalk talk before the games. Opposing fans would not be allowed in, but there would be closed circuit TV so they could see how awesome it is and be jealous. Basically, if my wish were to come true, it would make the wish at the beginning of this thread seem like a pretty low aspiration.

To paraphrase Fletch, "God, I admire you..."

I'd buy a few beer trucks and people would get sick of me because every week I'd be liek "NO ONE IS GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL ALL THIS BEER IS GAWNNNNNNNNNNNN!" And I would put in like 2,000 porta potties, too, because I know how it feels to try peeing into a bottle and then you spill a little on your pants and everyone thinks you peed your pants when in actually you just spilled pee on your pants which is totally different than peeing your pants. It stinks.

What about the current U of I President, AD and coaches? Or may I assume you will be buying new ones?

What about the current U of I President, AD and coaches? Or may I assume you will be buying new ones?

President and AD would be irrelevant, as they would receive amended employment agreements requiring them to answer to a new person, called the "Chief Funding Officer." They would only be allowed to call me for Material Decisions, which of course would only relate to the football and basketball programs. For the coaching staffs, I'd have to play it by ear, but Davis would be sent marching. I would also install a new special suite on top of the current suites and I'd have a waterslide that I could slide down to get on the sideline if needed.

President and AD would be irrelevant, as they would receive amended employment agreements requiring them to answer to a new person, called the "Chief Funding Officer." They would only be allowed to call me for Material Decisions, which of course would only relate to the football and basketball programs. For the coaching staffs, I'd have to play it by ear, but Davis would be sent marching. I would also install a new special suite on top of the current suites and I'd have a waterslide that I could slide down to get on the sideline if needed.

You've obviously given this considerable thought.

No real bathrooms, I don't want to get sued when a bunch of Feldman-esque incidents go down. No live AC/DC either because they are way too old. Maybe I'll have a hologram of them when they were younger made. Perhaps Elvis, too.

What about outdoor showers? Might be handy when you* pee on yourself?

*theoretical YOU

Latest posts