If I had my wish...

KentuckyHawk

Stoops at Kentucky would be our coach! Im a life long Hawk from Des Moines and an '88 grad and past Hawk golfer. Have lived in KY for the past 26 years and saw my 2nd Kentucky Wildcat football game last night. Have ZERO interest in KY or UofL athletics and actually cheer for whoever they play but my daughters friend is a freshman redshirt and we had the opportunity to snag 4 good tickets for last nights game.

What an atmosphere! I've seen tons of games at Kinnick and it will always be home and my favorite, but Commonwealth Stadium was a blast it was hard not to get fired up being around all that. Especially after setting aside 4 hours each weekend to faithfully watch the Hawks either pull out a close one against an inferior opponent or lose a close one to an inferior opponent and get the feeling I had just wasted my day when I could have been so much more productive doing things that needed to be done. Just being honest here...

Stoops is the real deal and has a blue blooded basketball school super hyped for their football program. He's got a ton of passion and you can really see how his players feed off him. I love their style of offense and if I were a big time recruit I would be excited to go play in that stadium for that coach and in that style of football.

I've been a KF supporter since day 1 but MAN things could be much more fun and exciting...

Stoops at Kentucky would be our coach! Im a life long Hawk from Des Moines and an '88 grad and past Hawk golfer. Have lived in KY for the past 26 years and saw my 2nd Kentucky Wildcat football game last night. Have ZERO interest in KY or UofL athletics and actually cheer for whoever they play but my daughters friend is a freshman redshirt and we had the opportunity to snag 4 good tickets for last nights game.

What an atmosphere! I've seen tons of games at Kinnick and it will always be home and my favorite, but Commonwealth Stadium was a blast it was hard not to get fired up being around all that. Especially after setting aside 4 hours each weekend to faithfully watch the Hawks either pull out a close one against an inferior opponent or lose a close one to an inferior opponent and get the feeling I had just wasted my day when I could have been so much more productive doing things that needed to be done. Just being honest here...

Stoops is the real deal and has a blue blooded basketball school super hyped for their football program. He's got a ton of passion and you can really see how his players feed off him. I love their style of offense and if I were a big time recruit I would be excited to go play in that stadium for that coach and in that style of football.

I've been a KF supporter since day 1 but MAN things could be much more fun and exciting...

I agree that this would be the correct Stoops for HC. How about Bob Stoops as the new AD? ;)

I don't follow KY football. Which Stoops is coaching there?

Please tell me it isn't the one who coached in Arizona. I wouldn't want
him to be the towel boy.

........and recruited a Top 20 class last year (highest ranked in Kentucky football history) and well on their way again this recruiting season.

I've heard you can't recruit to a state that has a smaller population base, competes with another in-state FBS program for area talent, has winter months that go below 40 degrees oftentimes, and a program that exhibits a less than stellar performance on the field in recent years.........in Kentucky's case nearly decades (last 9 win season in 1984, two 8 win seasons since). Don't they know they're "just Kentucky"?

People make the difference.

I only hope that when KF retires, we can attract a coach with the skills of any of the Stoops bros. Or, Dan McCarney. Or, Brett Bielema. Or, Jerry Kill. Or, even the current NW coach, who shall at this point remain unnamed. Don't get in too big a hurry, though...

I've heard you can't recruit to a state that has a smaller population base
I agree with almost all of your post, except what I think you were implying with this point. There are a hell of a lot more high quality high school football players within say 150 miles of UK than what Iowa has.

I agree with almost all of your post, except what I think you were implying with this point. There are a hell of a lot more high quality high school football players within say 150 miles of UK than what Iowa has.

Why would Stoops want to leave what he is building at Kentucky. If he can win in the almighty SEC..Why leave that where I am sure Kentucky will be willing to pay him to stay. He can build a legacy there like Snyder has at KState. We already had our Evy and Fry. Other than playing for Iowa. I see no reason why he would want to come here where he'll never land top 20 classes one a regular bases.

Yeah if he can win in the SEC he's got a good recruiting base built right in. But we have got to stop acting like Iowa is in the Aleutian Islands. If he can win there he can win here.

Don't disagree but I think there are more programs chasing many of those players as well. One service had him getting ten 4 star players last year so you know they're competing against some heavy duty competition at that level......and winning those recruiting battles not just being on a long list of contenders.

Why wasn't Kentucky getting those players prior to the Stoops appointment? That's my point........the people leading the charge changed not the other elements.

I wouldn't waste a wish on football, that's for sure.

I'd wish for a trillion dollars, tax free, and then use just the interest alone off that money to make Iowa better than everyone at football. I mean, on a trillion dollars, even if I just got 4% interest, I'd make $40 billion a year and then I'd use liek half of that on Iowa football. When Iowa went to recruit guys, they'd fly to the new O'Keefe Airfield in IC and then take a Chinook helicopter for their tour of the city and be greeted by a gaggle of comfort girls handpicked by yours truly, flown in from all corners of the earth. I'd also build the hospital out past Finkbine and build a 200 mph mag lev train between campus and the hospital that ran every 3 minutes. I'd tear down the hospital and build the most epic tailgating palace ever, where everyone who was over 21 was handed a 3 foot tower of beer upon entry and there'd be bikini contests and rib eating contests and beer chugging contests. And there'd be a Jon Miller stage where he did 90 minutes of chalk talk before the games. Opposing fans would not be allowed in, but there would be closed circuit TV so they could see how awesome it is and be jealous. Basically, if my wish were to come true, it would make the wish at the beginning of this thread seem like a pretty low aspiration.

^^^ Somebody get OK4P a magic lamp, stat!! ^^^

I'd buy a few beer trucks and people would get sick of me because every week I'd be liek "NO ONE IS GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL ALL THIS BEER IS GAWNNNNNNNNNNNN!" And I would put in like 2,000 porta potties, too, because I know how it feels to try peeing into a bottle and then you spill a little on your pants and everyone thinks you peed your pants when in actually you just spilled pee on your pants which is totally different than peeing your pants. It stinks.

........and recruited a Top 20 class last year (highest ranked in Kentucky football history) and well on their way again this recruiting season.

I've heard you can't recruit to a state that has a smaller population base, competes with another in-state FBS program for area talent, has winter months that go below 40 degrees oftentimes, and a program that exhibits a less than stellar performance on the field in recent years.........in Kentucky's case nearly decades (last 9 win season in 1984, two 8 win seasons since). Don't they know they're "just Kentucky"?

People make the difference.

Stoops has great ohio connections and is much closer to Ohio than we are. He's also benefitting from the trend of exodus of Midwest players to the south.

I'd buy a few beer trucks and people would get sick of me because every week I'd be liek "NO ONE IS GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL ALL THIS BEER IS GAWNNNNNNNNNNNN!" And I would put in like 2,000 porta potties, too, because I know how it feels to try peeing into a bottle and then you spill a little on your pants and everyone thinks you peed your pants when in actually you just spilled pee on your pants which is totally different than peeing your pants. It stinks.
Sounds good...but forget the porta potties. Let's have some real bathrooms. The plumbing is already there on the hospital lot and we can wash our hands in real sinks.

Will AC/DC be there in person to sing back in black as the team comes in?

Don't disagree but I think there are more programs chasing many of those players as well. One service had him getting ten 4 star players last year so you know they're competing against some heavy duty competition at that level......and winning those recruiting battles not just being on a long list of contenders.

Why wasn't Kentucky getting those players prior to the Stoops appointment? That's my point........the people leading the charge changed not the other elements.
So will the NCAA be in Lexington soon? I'm not saying this based on Stoops' character, I'm basing it on past SEC history when recruiting success all of a sudden happens for schools that have been in the lower tier.

Latest posts