if a 3 way tie....

PDXHawkeye

Wisconsin goes to the rose bowl, does a one loss msu, or a two lose Iowa team get a BSC invite.... and a two lose OSU could be in the mix. Thoughts?

Wisconsin goes to the rose bowl, does a one loss msu, or a two lose Iowa team get a BSC invite.... and a two lose OSU could be in the mix. Thoughts?

I think iowa gets it if its this way. would have just beaten OSU. and travel better than msu

If it comes down to that Iowa IMO would have a good shot. Iowa and MSU would be very close together in the BCS ratings. The computers will love Iowa if we win out. Iowa is going to have another advantage over MSU in that we travel better.

Remember that MSU would have to be a 2 loss team for Wisconsin to go to the Rose Bowl so it would be 10-2 MSU, 10-2 Iowa and 10-2 OSU.

If my thinking is correct, if there's a 3 way tie at the top (and MSU, Wisconsin and Iowa all win out), then Michigan State goes to the Rose, not Wisconsin. Our overall record would boot us and Michigan State won the head to head with Wisconsin.

My bad, you are correct, MSU would go.. it would be tough to pass up a one loss wisc team who beat Iowa. Fiddle sticks..... looks like either cap one or outback bowl....

I thought if there was a 3 way tie for conference champ they go by the BCS rankings to choose who goes to the Rose Bowl?

I thought if there was a 3 way tie for conference champ they go by the BCS rankings to choose who goes to the Rose Bowl?

That could be too. Now I'm not sure at all to be honest with you.

Too many games left to play anyway I suppose.

Almost positive on this:

1. Conference record
2. Head-to-head
3. BCS ratings

So you are saying overall record is not taken into account? Personally, I think that is fair (so you don't punish those with tough OOC schedules) but I would be surprised if they don't consider it...

Google is your friend..... Method to Determine Big Ten Conference Automatic Representative to Bowl Championship Series - BIG TEN OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE

If more than two teams tie for the championship, the same selection procedures shall be followed with the following exceptions:

If three teams are tied, and if one team defeated both of the other teams, then that team shall be the representative.

If three teams are still tied, and if two of the three teams defeated the third team, the third team is eliminated, and the remaining two teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.

If three teams are still tied, and there is a tie game between two of the three teams, or if two or all three of the teams did not play each other, the representative shall be determined on a percentage basis of all games played.

If three teams are still tied, and one of the three teams is eliminated through the percentage basis of all games played, the remaining two teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.

If three teams are still tied, and all three teams have the same winning percentage of all games played, the highest-ranked team in the final BCS standings shall be the representative.

So winning percentage of all games is before the final BCS rank.

Last edited:

Latest posts